The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The HCF Gun Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Each mag is 25 rounds. I'm thinking I might modify one as a 10- or 15-round shorty mag if I ever get a bipod. Not sure if there's much of a point with a .22 though lol

Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Bringin' this thread back in anticipation for Friday. Assuming nothing comes up (my rent, electric bill, utilities bill, student loans, and car insurance payments are all accounted for ATM), I'll be the proud owner of a baby AR15 this Friday evening. The rifle accessories purchasing will probably commence within a week or two. So far I'm planning on a Magpul CTR mil-spec stock, sling adapter, 1/2/3pt sling, EOTech 512 holo sight, 3x magnifier, Ergo pistol grip, Magpul angled foregrip, and a suppressor. I don't see any problems with me getting the approval from the sheriff's office for the suppressor as my record is squeaky clean

.22LR + suppressor + sub-sonics = movie-quiet rifle

The beautiful part is the next firearm purchase will likely be a Walther P22, so assuming I get my tax stamp for the suppressor, I just need to get a longer barrel and get it threaded and I'll have a suppressed handgun for the ranges,too

Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

supressor's are legal? i didnt know that well just the other day i went into a local gun shop and the guy told me that i don't need to be 21 to own a pistol i just need to be 21 to purchase one thru a retailer so if i get my dad to purchase a pistol and then buy it from him im all good!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

You need approval from the local sheriff's office (from what I've read they pretty much just do a background check) and you pay a $200 tax stamp. After that, you go buy your suppressor. Since they're Class III items, you need to find a Class III dealer and I don't believe they usually carry that kind of stuff in stock, so it'll probably have to be ordered.

But yes, suppressors are legal in quite a few states. I'm sure places like CA, NJ, etc with stricter gun laws prohibit them, though.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
You need approval from the local sheriff's office (from what I've read they pretty much just do a background check) and you pay a $200 tax stamp. After that, you go buy your suppressor. Since they're Class III items, you need to find a Class III dealer and I don't believe they usually carry that kind of stuff in stock, so it'll probably have to be ordered.

But yes, suppressors are legal in quite a few states. I'm sure places like CA, NJ, etc with stricter gun laws prohibit them, though.
lmao in CA there is no way in hell ur going to get a suppressor. But anyways nice purchase reaper, why a .22 tho?

Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the info reaper

^cheaper, easier to get and he isn't a professional killer

Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 AM
HCF Member

***** ammo

Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Didn't buy it yet, that's this friday.

And .22LR rounds are approximately $0.125/rd. That means I can shoot all day and now break the bank, not to mention the availability of .22LR rounds. Besides, like I said earlier, I have yet to see anything much bigger than a .22 with a suppressor getting that "movie quiet" report. Really, the only advantages the .223/5.56mm has over the .22LR are range and penetrating power. Considering I don't plan on going to war, it's non-issue for me. The only downside for me is the .22 being rimfire as opposed to centerfire, but even that's not a huge downside.

If it makes you feel better, I plan on getting an ar15 chambered in 5.56mm, one chambered in 7.62mm, and eventually a Stag lower and an Armalite .50BMG upper. Is a .50BMG a large enough round for you?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:34 AM
HCF Member

^lmao

Old 05-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Actually, now that I think about it, it'd be easier just to get a single lower and 5.56, 7.62, and .50 uppers. A 7.62 magazine should fit in the 5.56 mag-well and a .50BMG AR is going to be a single-shot deal no matter how you look at it. No real point in buying three lowers if I can buy a single complete lower and change the caliber in less than a minute (the .50BMG will require me changing the stock out, too. No way am I going to use a stock with a standard AR buffer tube to fire a .50 round. Still, that'll only take a few extra minutes). I'll probably get a complete 5.56 Stag Model 8 and buy a 7.62 upper and a .50 upper.

Oh, and update. I may or may not be getting the rifle this week. Apparently a social security card, proof of residence, and your current driver's license isn't enough proof that you're a US citizen for KY. So now I get to wait for my parents to send my birth certificate to me from PA. If it shows up this week, I'll be buying it Friday. If it shows up next week, I'll be transferring my license the day it shows up and buying the rifle the same day. At any rate, by the middle of next week I will 100% have the rifle barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Quick Reply: The HCF Gun Thread