The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The HCF Gun Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i know i may sound batty, but i have seriously been considering having a "storm shelter" dug in my back yard. zombie apocalypse shelter is what it would actually be, but you dont call up a contractor and ask them to dig one of those out for you. anyway, ultimate survival shelter. plenty of food, ammo, water, ventilation system, and a tremendous door. like norad, but on a bitch's budget. i worry about the state of the government and all the civil unrest. i worry about the economy collapsing and having to literally fight to survive. my daughter is number one priority. gotta safeguard the family. /deranged rant

Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I've thought about it, but the likelihood of such an event happening is slim to none. Personally, I'll probably keep a bug-out-bag in my gun room as well as emergency supplies, but I don't think I'll go all-out. Maybe when I have to money to spend on an all-out "storm" (fallout) shelter I'll do it. You gotta have money to be paranoid these days.

Actually, a lot of my bug-out equipment is being disguised as 2011's Halloween costume. My excuse is that I'm going to be a Private Military Contractor for Halloween. In reality I want tac-gear just in case. Also because it looks cool.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Custom steering wheel > all

Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 PM
July 2010 ROTM

^what is that attached to? navigator?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Super Cereal Admin

lol what the hell?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Just bought a Fobus paddle holster for the XD... just have to buy another three magazines for the XD, two for the Para, and a ton of ammo and I'm ready for my next range trip

Old 03-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Lol. I'll never ever be able to own a gun again.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Finally got around to buying a Pearce grip extension for the XD, as well as a Fobus paddle holster for the Para:

Name:  1-25.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  2-19.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  3-11.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  54.5 KB

Next up will be my AR builds. Well, two out of the three I have planned, anyway. I have a few catalytic converters to scrap, so the profits from those will be going towards the lower receivers for my 5.56mm and 5.7mm carbines.

I know I've already posted the build plans for the AR15 (it'll just be a standard 5.56mm carbine, nothing crazy), but I don't believe I've ever posted the plans for the new home defense gun, the AR57, so here it goes:

-Stag Arms stripped lower receiver
-MOE trigger guard
-DPMS lower parts kit
-Magpul ACS stock
-BCM lower receiver extension (buffer tube)
-AR57 pistol grip
-DPMS trigger/hammer
-JP Enterprise reduced-power fire control group springs
-AR57 complete upper receiver (5.7x28mm)
-Primary Arms red dot sight (at first)

Eventually, I'll upgrade to:
-EOtech XPS-2 holographic weapon sight
-Surefire M300A mini scout light
-Magpul RVG (railed vertical grip)

I've also changed my goals to 10 magazines for each firearm I own (firearms of the same calibers (IE, 5.56mm carbine and 5.56mm SPR) will have 10 magazines each) instead of the original 6 magazines each.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Cereal Admin

It has begun

Name:  2-21.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  3-13.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  53.8 KB

The Lower Parts Kit, trigger guard, and pistol grip will be ordered as soon as the LPK is in stock, followed by the fire control group parts, then the stock kit and the lower will be done

*edit: the lower parts kit is ordered and on its way. I think the 15-22 will probably donate its hogue grip and Magpul stock for the time being (the stock, of course, will have to wait until I get my buffer tube). Once this rifle is finished I'll probably re-upgrade the 15-22.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Went out and put 121 rounds through the XD, 60 rounds through the P12, and about 300 rounds through the M&P15-22. It was fun up until the P12 decided to snap its own slide release pin clean in half; the entire pin is covered in stress cracks. So I guess I'll be upgrading the slide release, safety, and grip safety with extended-length units. I'd like to put a skeletonized hammer on it, as well. Unfortunately, the frame is starting to accumulate some surface rust so I get to spend a few hours cleaning it off and oiling the gun. Maybe I'll have it Duracoated or something.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting used to both handguns (first time shooting the XD and I'd put maybe 300 rounds through the P12 before yesterday) so the groups were terrible. The 15-22 decided it was a great day to shoot low and to the left, but that may have been due to me being in the prone position (as opposed to bench rest) and pulling the rifle in tight, though that shouldn't affect accuracy with a free-float handguard.

*edit:
Actually, now that I've thought about it, a broken slide release seems like a good enough reason to customize the P12. Right now, I'm thinking:
-Wilson Combat extended slide release
-Wilson Combat extended thumb safety
-Wilson Combat extended beavertail grip safety
-STI match-grade trigger
-Nighthawk Custom bar stock disconnector
-STI titanium hammer strut
-Nighthawk Custom skeletonized hammer
-Nighthawk Custom sear

And of course, the entire frame will be stripped and Duracoated black

Quick Reply: The HCF Gun Thread