The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The HCF Gun Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

well you seem to have a good start so far. Both my aks are full auto...but at times it seems to be over kill with the 47 the thing is all over the place. But the 74 only kicks like a 9mm then damn 47 kicks like a 30-30

Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Cat Fuсker

AK's are awesome. Best part is watchign a leftie trying to shoot one in full auto and getting a collar full of hot brass. You learn a lot of new words on days like that

Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

haha seen that more than once. My boy had his shirt tucked in and couple went down his shirt..I giggled little bit on the inside. He wouldn’t shoot it anymore after that...still has yet to try and shoot it again..lol

Last edited by flcb7; 09-14-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
July 2010 ROTM

15+1 capacity for my taurus. Safety, slide lock, decocker.... it has all the goods. Heine straight 8 sights are a bit different, but i do love the gun.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Chubby Chaser

im on a hunt for a 30-06, will post pics when i can find a decet priced one, damn they are expensive

Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGoiiwxTWeE&ob=av3e

Nah, you ain't gotta be born out in the sticks
With an F-150 and a 30-06,
Or have a bubba in the family tree
To get on down with me
All you need is an open mind
If it fires you up you gotta let it shine
When it feels so right that it cant be wrong
Come on, come on, come on

haha sorry I had too

Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Cat Fuсker

Anyone have any idea on a 9mm conceal carry gun under $230?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Finally got around to ordering a spring replacement kit from Wolff for the Para-Ord P12... hopefully it'll be here by the middle of next week. I'll probably just replace the firing pin, recoil, and magazine springs... I really don't feel like fully disassembling the gun to replace the other springs. I guess it really depends on how bored I get

Oh, and hopefully by the end of this month or early next month I'll be able to buy a SA XD9 in the 4" service model. After that I'll probably get a Walther PK380.

I really need to look into getting my CCW. I don't OC because I think it'll bring too much (negative) attention to me.

*edit (10/9/10): Just ordered a bipod for the AR. Bench shooting should be a little easier now. I still need a scope, though. My eyes aren't great even at 25yd (which I guess is understandable. Seeing a 1/4" impact hole in a target 75' away seems a little superhuman now that I think about it).

Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, the XD9 didn't happen due to finances (had to take care of some things). Anyway, I just ordered the scope for my rifle. Short of more magazines, I think I'm pretty well done buying things for it, which means the next firearms purchase will probably be said XD9. I'd like to get the 3" Subcompact model, but I'll probably go for the 4" Service model. I've held them both and the Subcompact needs the extended (16rd) magazine for the grip to fill out my hand, and that throws off the aesthetics of the gun. Considering I'm used to a 2.5lb 1911, I don't think the extra size or 2oz will be a problem.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The scope's in, and for a little over $100, it's amazing. Given that the rifle is a .22, I'm not too worried about POI shift or anything like that. I'm now fairly confident I can call the rifle "done" with the exception of sourcing a few extra magazines.

Anyway, right now, it's a toss-up between buying the XD next or just jumping into a full AR build. I'm kind of leaning towards at least starting the build (since I can buy and assemble it little by little) and seeing when I can buy the XD. Chances are, my family will be buying me the XD for Christmas without even knowing it (hooray Christmas money!).

Here's the run-down of the AR I'm going to be building:

-Spike's Tactical stripped lower
-DPMS lower receiver parts kit
-BCM buffer assembly
-Magpul ACS stock
-Hogue pistol grip
-DPMS TiN-coated (Titanium Nitride) hammer
-DPMS chrome trigger
-JP Enterprises reduced power trigger/hammer/sear springs
-Stag Model 2H complete upper reciever (16" 1/9 twist barrel, A2 fixed front post, Midwest Industries rear folding sight)

then after the rifle is assembled, I'll be adding:

-Vltor CASV-EL free-floating handguard
-Midwest Industries gas block w/picatinney rail
-Midwest Industries folding front sight
-EOTech 552 holosight
-Magpul RVG forward grip
-Magpul "standard" 30rd Pmags (x6 to start out)

I have a feeling this build will be the start of an AR-building addiction

Quick Reply: The HCF Gun Thread