The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gotta vent a little on this matter

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gotta vent a little on this matter

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

ORIGINAL: Misha

Marty, I dare to disagree.

Not to argue with you – you definitely will not change your mind on a dime, but to state my take on a couple of things you touched on.

1. Teens tend not to listen to parents, and they tend to listen to peers. If many people in their group say something is stupid, they are likely to refrain from doing this – in order to not to look stupid in peers’ eyes.
But, if a "peer" sounds too much like a parent, then the kid will shut them out to. And that is where the majority comes in.
True. I see this problem, and I'm constantly searching for better waysof getting the message accross more efficiently. It's not that easy

Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM

^^lol, but no matter misha, i take what you say seriously....

Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
HCF Member

Thank you
It's really very pleasant to know.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Ben

True. I see this problem, and I'm constantly searching for better waysof getting the message accross more efficiently. It's not that easy
Quit criticizing people on everything period. And yes, it is that easy if you just stop doing it.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

No you are wrong, that section is tailor made for that. That is like going into the audio section and harping on people adding weight to their cars for a sound system.
yeah I forgot about all those kids who kill innocent people with their badly wired stereos.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Ben

Quit criticizing people on everything period. And yes, it is that easy if you just stop doing it.
That comment would be better directed towards me. Misha is far more patient and tactful.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

No you are wrong, that section is tailor made for that. That is like going into the audio section and harping on people adding weight to their cars for a sound system.
yeah I forgot about all those kids who kill innocent people with their badly wired stereos.

Ok let me ask you. What is the difference in a person taking a "spirited" run in their car alone and doing the same thing with a car behind them trying to stay up? You know you people act like your saints.....well I for one like cars, I like making them go fast, and yes I can, will, and do by all means go fast in them when the time warrents it. Basicly what i am saying is that unless these people are in your area doing this and you are in danger then you have no right to tell them to stop. Get off your high horses

Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Ben

ORIGINAL: Kedawei

ORIGINAL: Ben

That comment would be better directed towards me. Misha is far more patient and tactful.
Um.......no.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

Honestly I love to street race, but there is a time and a place for it, Usually late nights, and empty highways. I love it when im just driving and someone wants to "Play" With my "Stock looking" civic. Its fun.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

So, you stay under the speed limit at all times? You don't ever go past 2500RPM before you shift? Do you drive when you're tired... or just had "a little" to drink? What about when you have a cold, or just took some medicine? Do you ever eat or smoke or change the radio when you're driving? Are you ever on a cell phone when you're driving? Dude, all these things can lead to "killing innocent people"... I'm sure at least ONE of those things you've done... Street racing isn't always what you see in Fast and the Furious... some people race to the speed limit (I did...) and it's not always filled with traffic... I can agree with the fact that some people are just plain stupid, and kill innocent people, but that can happen... street racing or not.

Quick Reply: Gotta vent a little on this matter