The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gotta vent a little on this matter

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gotta vent a little on this matter

i say we drop the drama, leave the street racers alone, and everyone be happy...

Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: baker

i say we drop the drama, leave the street racers alone, and everyone be happy...
I agree.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:34 PM

Gotta jump in on this one... as a former street racer, myself... I got pretty sick of people telling me to "take it to the track"... I did... but there were times I didn't want to wait for Friday to come along... or wait 'til I had the cash to participate (going to the track ain't free around here)... BUT... I never weaved in and out of heavy traffic... when I raced, it was a slow night... and usually just to the speed limit, then I shut down (by then, I knew if I was going to win or not...) There was only one time I really over-did it... I was racing a guy on an empty freeway... from 90-120mph... Anytime we had the "movie-like" street races where a lot of people showed up... we went to a deserted road... drove down the road to check for anything that may be dangerous, and set rules such as top speed, and whatnot. We controlled everything we could control. No one in our group ever got hurt or killed. One of the guys was just an idiot... and ran into a bunch of cars, but it wasn't due to street racing... I do get quite a chuckle at a street/strip section in an economy car forum... but that's a different subject altogether. There were many good points, and I don't street race anymore... but, it was EXTREMELY annoying when you would share a good kill story and get the dumb banter from people saying, "Street racing is stupid"... Sorry to say it, but ... I don't care what your opinion on that is... I've since seen the error of my ways, but... we all have to learn on our own.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: baker

Hey, what would we talk about if we drop the drama from everything? Just don't take it toooooo serious, and everybody is fine then

Old 01-01-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

i dunno, i don't really give a fawnk, i race on the strip and sometimes i race on the street. i waxed this 4dr accord with a body kit, pig-nose hood, exhaust, and euros yesterday... i just laughed when they revved up at me, but my girl told me to make them shutup, so i did... they floored it and it looked like they weren't even moving... it was kinda sad.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

well marty you know I have the upmost respect for you and I know you are a great guy, but this is a public forum and people are entitled to there oponion. if someone dosent like street racing they are going to speak it because not everyone on here is going to agree. like I might not go and agree with someone and I will post up what I think about it, because well hell I CAN! dude I hate to say it but I think you are wrong.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

No you are wrong, that section is tailor made for that. That is like going into the audio section and harping on people adding weight to their cars for a sound system. Or going into a D series build thread and telling them to get a B, H, or K series. In that instant your opinion is not wanted, needed, and not helping anything. Turning the thread to trash because it starts a big *** aurgument. What got accomplished in this? Nothing. If you dont agree with it dont read it or certainly dont waste your time replying to it because like I said it simply is not needed just like the examples I gave ^up there

Dont take that as a attack as I dont mean your opinion is not valued because it is but not when it can and will disrupt a thread that is with in the rules

Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 AM

Most of the stories in that section aren't worth reading for me, so I really don't go there. A little late on this one, but just to toss in my 2 cents (anyone getting sick of that phrase yet?) as well, I've always felt the title of that section was wrong in a public setting as it condones street racing. I know most of us on here are mature enough to race on the street as safely as possible, and will not do so otherwise. But it sends a message to all those idiot kids out there that don't shut down on city streets, and try to race through heavy traffic on freeways at 120+mph, that what they're doing is okay.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

Marty, I dare to disagree.

Not to argue with you – you definitely will not change your mind on a dime, but to state my take on a couple of things you touched on.

1. Teens tend not to listen to parents, and they tend to listen to peers. If many people in their group say something is stupid, they are likely to refrain from doing this – in order to not to look stupid in peers’ eyes.
But, if a "peer" sounds too much like a parent, then the kid will shut them out to. And that is where the majority comes in.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Ben

+1 , and a crap load of other people thinkMisha always sounds like a mom on the forum[/align]

Quick Reply: Gotta vent a little on this matter