The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gotta vent a little on this matter

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gotta vent a little on this matter

ORIGINAL: sacicons

no. there is no rules posted about it, and theres been no behind the scenes decision made. Marty is just stating his opinion. it will be made clear if theres an official decision made.
I did make it a rule when I was a mod and it all went fine untill I gave up being a mod

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_248248/tm.htm

I just think it's a bit played the **** out, I mean it's a damn internet forum and people are getting talked down to like ****ing children. This site is about cars, that section is labled street/strip not "Drag Racing" or "Road Course Racing" or "Track Only Stories". People race on the street, I dont hardly ever but who in the hell am I to tell anyone anything about it..........nobody and neither is anyone else.

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: Marty

You know I have been on the forum here for a lil while now, I feel as if I have helped a few here and there and have contributed a good little bit of my time when I was a mod. I may be wrong but I feel as if I am intitled to bitch a lil about something that has long been getting under my skin..

The street/strip section has become utterly pointless with all the bull**** take it to the track replies and comments. I do take it to the track and I do not advocate street racing so it is a very rare occasion that I do it. But you dont see me shoving it down people's throat like I am captain save the world. Get over yourselves, not one person post a kill stories for you to come in and act like their parents and you are not going to sway them into thinking any other way than the way they allready do, you are not going to change their actions, so if you dont agree with what is being posted in the section stay out of it.....that simple!!!

I am not calling any certain person out over it so dont get your panties in a knot and do not try to school me in your awsome knowledge of death from street racing, or your true to life stories from it(I know bad **** happens so do not patronize me)
did you pat yourself on the back after you wrote that?
No actually I drank the last couple beer's from my 12 pack, smoked a blunt, and went to bed. How in the hell are you going to close a ****ing thread and givethe reason "Street racing is stupid" WTF is that ****, who are you to dictate when and where people can post street racing stories? I understand closing a thread because it is out of hand but to close it "because street racing is stupid" lmfao wtf. That is stupid bias **** right there coming from a admin.

Look I am not trying to pick a fight, get anyone mad, or sound pissy but what the hell is the point in the section when people get chewed out when they post something. I am not saying it is safe to do, I am not telling people to do it, but I am not a hypocrit and I do not try to inject my opinion on others forcefully. Now I may feel as if something I have to say is fact and try to help others with what I know but I try my best to not force my opinion on others.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

all marty is saying is 'if you dont like whats posted in street and strip, then dont read it'. one of those 'what you dont know wont kill you' kinda things. i completely agree. i strongly disapprove of street racing, ive known six kids who have been killed because of reckless driving (all in the past year too)...but that doesnt mean i come in the threads and downtalk the kids for street racing. it doesnt matter what i think, and my opinions arent going to make any difference. im not going to surf around brandishing my mod badge (whatever) by locking a thread because it goes against my personal moral beliefs. they arent breaking any rules, so there is nothing wrong with what they are saying.

marty...i support you 100% on this.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

Marty, if you turn it this way, I’m with you. Not that I care about street$strip, but I don’t think it is fair to lock any thread that goes within the rules, for a pure reason of admin not liking it.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
mxs
HCF Member

this is about the Evo thread?? it's clearly stated in the guidelines for that forum that BS "I smoked a McLaren in my Civic" threads and/or threads that turn into flamewars will be closed and locked. That is what I did. I guess I could have closed it without getting my 2 cents in first, but I'm not "forcing" anything on anyone. this was not the first thread in that section to be locked for stupidity / repetitive arguments, and it won't be the last. If any admins/moderators have an issue with that thread being locked, they can PM me about it.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Ben

this is about the Evo thread?? it's clearly stated in the guidelines for that forum that BS "I smoked a McLaren in my Civic" threads and/or threads that turn into flamewars will be closed and locked. That is what I did. I guess I could have closed it without getting my 2 cents in first, but I'm not "forcing" anything on anyone. this was not the first thread in that section to be locked for stupidity / repetitive arguments, and it won't be the last. If any admins/moderators have an issue with that thread being locked, they can PM me about it.
You seem kinda bitchy, thats just my two cents though.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

Come on now, I did not and dont want to go with attacks, name calling, or anything like that. I just feel strongly about this subject as it has been eating at me for a while. MXS sorry if I came off as jumping your **** or being aggressive towards you.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:24 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

MXS sorry if I came off as jumping your **** or being aggressive towards you.
hey if you're going to call me out, do it before the 30th post in the thread. I didn't even know you were talking about me.

ORIGINAL: Ben

You seem kinda bitchy, thats just my two cents though.
interesting interpretation. I thought it was pretty straightforward. guess we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Ben

I think straighforward to a point can be considered bitchy though, but like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Old 12-29-2006, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

personally i don't care, and i think people should put races on the street and the track. Although the track is better, things will happen as they happen and strangers on a website won't change that.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Ben

ORIGINAL: johnnyGofast

personally i don't care, and i think people should put races on the street and the track. Although the track is better, things will happen as they happen and strangers on a website won't change that.
+1

Quick Reply: Gotta vent a little on this matter