The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gotta vent a little on this matter

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gotta vent a little on this matter

i agree too many stupid people driving -young & old

[IMG]local://upfiles/2769/B3AD6F66197B41FF946260802271EB79.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2007, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RenegadeCivic
Street Racing doesn't kill people... stupid people kill people.
+100[sm=exactly.gif]
ORIGINAL: sacicons
as do accidents. and accidents are more likely at higher speeds and with peoples attention averted from paying attention to the race and not traffic.
Do accidents happen by themselves? Guess it’s not without stupid people causing them in the majority of cases.[8D]And the vast majority of accidents happen at low speed, I remember seeing statistics on this, I can try to dig it out if you want

ORIGINAL: sacicons
street racing is just too easy to avoid
[sm=sorry.gif], don’t agree. I believe almost everybody does street racing more or less, especially being a teenager. It's a form of competition, and competition is what all of us were taught to do, it's in our brains and in our blood, our whole life is a competition, from birth to death.

Point is – you can do it smart way and you can do it stupid way. And all we can do here is to explain how to do this smart way for those who can comprehend. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

Point is – you can do it smart way and you can do it stupid way. And all we can do here is to explain how to do this smart way for those who can comprehend. [sm=chairshot.gif]
Bam, thats perfect. But my point is still you need to either get rid of the section or let people use it w/o being scorned.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Misha
+100

What the "against street racing" folks are saying is that if you street race, you're going to kill someone.... which is simply not true. Stupidity plays a HUGE part in it... I street raced for years... never killed anyone... never died, myself... never even hurt any cars or anything. BUT... I never raced when I didn't feel "comfortable" in my surroundings. When street racing gets dangerous is when the driver takes him/herself past the limits of the car and / or skills and / or surrounding circumstances (i.e. residential area, traffic, etc). If you're racing on a dirt road... not the best decision to go 100+... if you have a Honda Civic with 13" wheels and non Z-rated tires... not a good idea to go over 100... if there's heavy traffic, or you're in a residential area... not a good idea to race.

To use the gun analogy... guns don't kill people... stupid people with guns kill people. I've never known a loaded gun sitting on the table to just start shooting people... nor have I shot anyone myself... but, the majority of the gun accidents are people who are misnformed about them (i.e. kids that get into their parent's guns)

and accidents are more likely at higher speeds and with peoples attention averted from paying attention to the race and not traffic.
Is that why they raised the speed limit on the freeways here in Phoenix, yet our accident rate hasn't changed much?