The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Got arrested Saturday night along with 200 other people.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Default RE: Got arrested Saturday night along with 200 other people.

Well, If there was street racing going on it's the fact that cops say if you weren't there, it wouldn't be going on. It's a stab at street racing. What the biggest thing for cops is that many people who street race and then wreck thier car will later report the accident to claim insurance wasting man hours for police. Or they disrupt the flow of traffic and endanger lives who are unrelated to the racing. There has to be a whole investigation and the whole nine yards. Average hours for a cop on a good wreck would probably be around 6 for one person. That includes measurements, calculation of speeds, interviews, paperwork, issuance of report and follow up. It's a bia&^(. It's your own damn fault for street racing if you wreck, pay the piper. Your best bet is to form some sort of car club and get a local business to have a part in it. First wed of every month you meet at that place for dinner or something like that. Makes money for the business so they aren't losing parking space and stuff like that. We have a club in my area that does this very thing. Key ingredient for this is if you're going to race take it to a track. If not you're gone. No ifs, ands, or buts. Get something organized and it will make this type of thing much better for you in the long run. Hell, I'm on a military base and we have one with the commands blessing. Make it into a "civic" organization and you're set. Your other option is to find a Wal Mart. Big parking lots and open 24 hours. Not a bad deal. Cops will usually show up and just see what's going on. Best bet is to form it into a club adn get it legit. then you can have functions and be OK. 75 cops at one place was an order from higher up. Half of those guys were probably there on thier off time so they didn't want to be there either. Yeah I'm a cop so I kind of know how these things roll. To fight the ticket you'll have to just show up to traffic court if it's available and state your case. 9 times out of 10 if nothing crazy was going on it can get marked down to a warning or thrown out. Don't use me as a reference because I don't know your local ordinance but that's what would happen in my neck of the woods.