The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Goin to NC, need some info

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Default Goin to NC, need some info

i went to my moms on thanksgiving day and she told me they bought my wife and i two tickets to the coca cola 600. she also booked us the plane tickets and hotel rooms. my mom and her boyfriend are also goin and he has been down there a couple times. anywho, i was wandering what sorta things can we do around the charlotte region? most of our time will be invested in looking at raceshops and museums because were racing freaks but my wife and i would like to take a night out on the town and do some clubbin or a simple bar scene. we live in a small town in ohio and we dont do anything at all so this should be really exciting.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Goin to NC, need some info

dood. charlotte is one of the largest cities in the country, and the banking capital of the united states now (as well as home of Nascar).

there's plenty to do, but it's different from the midwest.

you have mountains to the west (the Dragon's tail is about an hour away), the blueridge mountains (the most beautiful mountains on the east coast), some of the most beautiful and pristine beaches about two to three hours away on I-40, theater, museums, professional sports (carolina panthers, charlotte bobcats and the carolina hurricanes, an hour away in Raleigh).

as for the clubbin' scene. get a tour guide. there's too many to count in downtown charlotte.

just take a cabride with friends and do a slow bar crawl. techno, disco, country, 70s throwback. you name it...

Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM

i think tomorrow well know exactly where were stayin. when i know ill post it, hopefully you or somebody can tell me exactly whats down there. but it kinda snds like if i name, its down there

Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

just head downtown during the day and see the sights and eat at the restaurants that have outside seating. it's cool as hell.

then go back at night and drink your christmas bonus away.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:56 PM

were goin down in may of next year for the race. so have plenty of time to save for alcohol consumption

Old 11-30-2006, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

may huh?

bring t-shirts and shorts, because it's HOT AS HELL in north carolina during the spring and summer.

the good thing, however, is that if you like the beach, you can drive down for the day to Wilmington (actually, Wrightsville Beach) in about 2 -3 hours and see one of the most pristine beaches on the east coast.

movies are shot down there, and many stars buy summer homes and commercial property down there like dennis hopper and ophrah winfrey.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 PM

maybe ill get a case, sit on a sidewalk with a lawnchair and wait for oprah to go by, lol.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

don't bother. she'll probably be spending her summer in the TWO mansions she bought in durham, north carolina instead. lol.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

i didn't oprah had a home here. ric flair is from charolette

Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: WhItE97CiViC

i didn't oprah had a home here. ric flair is from charolette
woooooooooooooooooooooo

Quick Reply: Goin to NC, need some info