The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

GM bankruptcy fear rises...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Default RE: GM bankruptcy fear rises...

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

They are wrong - BMW made hybrid 7-series in '98 - they just never made it to the US
Seriously, you need a job with them man because you represent to the fullest.
I just read about hybrids not too long ago and thought this was an interesting fact. I also forgot to mention that it was a limited production 750. I also found out that all of the companies that are developing hybrid technologies make their research an open source - Gm is the only one that doesn't

Old 11-18-2005, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

I really think they need to downsize. I think that their size is what's dragging them down. They need to concentrate on a couple good, popular cars instead of making a thousand different ****ty ones.

And whats the deal with them rebadging the same car over and over again? And whats the deal with them making ugly cars? And whats the deal with them making 5/10mpg cars?

Old 11-18-2005, 12:55 AM
HCF Member

oh yeah and GM just started the employee discount again but this time they call it the red tag.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

in australia gm is known as hodlen and they are very popular....

Old 11-18-2005, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

The government will bail them out just like they did in the 80s with Chrysler. Here's a thought in our new age of oil prices. STOP MAKING STREET BOATS, exercise some ingenuity and come up with some hybrids (if they're feeling really ambitious, mass produce a hydrogen car), and start dominating the market again. To think, we're sending more dollars to a country we nuked then they're sending in <--------------what happened there? Welcome to the glories of a global economy [sm=smiley20.gif].
I agree with the government bailing them out. It would have quite an effect on the economy to lose such a huge corporation as GM. Like everyone has mentioned, GM needs more economic vehicles. Gas prices have had a effect it seems on the types of cars people are buying. You have to be more conservative these days. Cost of living goes up, gas goes up, wages stay the same or decrease and people have to make adjustments. "Ya know the Hummer isn't looking so good now honey, how 'bout that Toyota Prius."

Old 11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

lol....hey i know this is a little off topic but I read that if the Honda Civic was its own company that they would be the 13th best selling company in the United states... pretty crazy, huh?

Old 11-18-2005, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

I dont think the government saved chrysler. I think it was more of a mixture with Daimler and the K car.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

I dont think the government saved chrysler. I think it was more of a mixture with Daimler and the K car.
my thoughts exactly. You can think of it as Daimler bailing them out. Same thing might happen here, but in this situation it would be a merger of Toyota and GM. I think it would be pretty good for GM, considering the fact that toyota makes the best selling cars in the world, no to mention their great reliability ratings. Hell Gm will most likely prosper with a japanese management

Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

lol....hey i know this is a little off topic but I read that if the Honda Civic was its own company that they would be the 13th best selling company in the United states... pretty crazy, huh?
Just take a look at Cardomain. There are over 17,000 Civics on there.[sm=jawdrop.gif] By far the largest number represented on that site.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

i heard about this this morning on the news..workers are afrad of loosing there jobs but the top guy at GM says they have nothing to worry about because they are not going to file for bankruptcy..but who knows, they have to come up with somthing like a cavaler or sunfire, something really cheap (and ****ty quality) that sell like hot cakes..they are all based on big trucks and stuff and with the gas prices so high thos are just not in demand anymore