The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

getting my tongue pierced...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

it was just for others to consider if they're getting into it. I know you know the risks considering all the stuff you have done. I just showed it for the stats at the bottom as well, pretty interesting.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Sounds good

The way you had it worded, it seemed like it was directed more at me, hence the misunderstanding

(though I can't say I entirely agree on the statistics/chart at the bottom; teens are the... well, I can't think of any real way to word this... kind of moody, if you know what I mean. Either way, I think it's more that the teens that would be drawn to drug/alcohol use/whatnot are also drawn to piercings; it's not like some perfect, churchgoing little angel gets his lip pierced and all the sudden he's the reincarnation of satan and snorting coke off a dead hooker's a** or anything lol)

Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

^ real nice way of putting it, lol. but really, half this website's base and visitors are around that age or close, they can't help it though.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Got my point across, didn't I?

But I see what you mean about the website's general audience... for the most part, I'd say the age group here is 15-18 for most of the guests/newer members, and the youngest of us senior members seem to be 19+

Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

/respect for reaper.....

jk!

Its your life, do what makes you happy. Thats my outlook on it. Ive never been a fan of tongue rings though. Its not cool/sexy at all. I think girls look trashy with it, and guys look gay with it. I know that may be wrong of me to think like that, but oh well.

Im all for lip piercings though. I almost got mine done my junior year in high school. I think it looks cool, but then everybody started getting it done, so I didnt. Ive got a 6 gauge in both of my ears though.I think those are cool, not a whole lot of people have big sized gauges in their ears, a lot of people dont want them stretched out. Ive had mine stretched for a while, my ears will stretch to a 6ga, and I can take them out, and two days later it looks like my ears arent even pierced.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Super Cereal Admin

pssh, like you respected me to start with

But it's more or less a facial piercing that I can get away with in college (strict appearance code) to hold me over until I can have my lip redone. Right now I have two 14-guage earrings in my left earlobe and a 16 guage in my left cartilage. Personally, I'm not a fan of the huge stretched out look (it'd look funny with two piercings in the same ear anyway), but to each his own

Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

Not to get off topic reaper, but Ive seen alot of people getting this pierced (including me cousin) Just the looks of it freaks me out! It just looks like it'd hurt:
http://media.tumblr.com/QRbOwednNaqj...VpGf5x_500.jpg

Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PhillipBurch
Not to get off topic reaper, but Ive seen alot of people getting this pierced (including me cousin) Just the looks of it freaks me out! It just looks like it'd hurt:
http://media.tumblr.com/QRbOwednNaqj...VpGf5x_500.jpg
That is a tragus piercing. I myself don't have mine pierced, but I've seen my people that have it done.

I say go with the tongue ring if you're worried about the school giving you flack for facial piercings. I have my left nostril, septum, industrial (big barbell going through my cartilage in my right ear), my lobes pierced 3 times each with the first holes being stretched to a 00, and my cartilage pierced with a 16 in my left ear.... And a couple other things.

I used to want my lip done, but after seeing everyone get it done, I decided not to.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM
HCF Member

Most of the people in that article probably didn't take care of the piercing when they got it or just neglected it after it healed.
I've never had any problem with my piercings, and I've had snakebites, venoms, septum, double nostril, ears (twice), and others. As for stretched stuff, I think it looks good, but then again I also have 1 1/2 inch plugs in both of my ears and my septum is to a 2g.
My least favorite piercing was my snakebites just cause they are a pain in the a** to take care of, besides your lip swells.
Some advice, learn how to retalk with the tongue piercing. I hate when people clank and talk retarded after they get it done.

My guess is a tragus piercing hurts about as much as a cartilage piercing does.
No beer or oral sex after tongue piercing too, you can get a yeast infection in it if you do. ;D

Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by magic_mohawk
No beer or oral sex after tongue piercing too, you can get a yeast infection in it if you do. ;D
eww... an oral yeast infection? Sounds like fun, thanks for the advice. I knew about the oral sex thing, I've heard to take it easy on open-mouth kissing for the first few weeks, but I didn't know about the beer (I guess it makes sense though). Luckily I quit smoking like 6 months ago, so I'm good on that. Other than that it's basically use a saline solution/mouthwash after eating/drinking anything other than water for a few weeks, right?

But I'm leaving pretty much as soon as I go back to my apartment to get street clothes, so probably around 4:30 to get my tongue done today (yes, Matthews Party Tattoo & Piercing is definitely open until 8:00 PM on Tuesday lol). The biggest reason I want my lip done is that I miss having it done... I've always liked liprings. But I kind of doubt I can have a plug put in immediately after having it pierced, so I'll probably have to hold off on it.

And I plan on re-learning to talk normally... I hate when people say "you'll have a lisp"... I know a few people that have thiers done and you can't even tell unless you see their tongue (took me two weeks to notice my one classmate has his done lol).

And actually, from what I've heard the tragus piercing really doesn't hurt. I know like six girls with it done.

But next up: dragon tattoo, followed by Jack Skellington tattoo

Last edited by reaper2022; 10-28-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: getting my tongue pierced...