The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Gamers: Who are you and what do you play?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Default Gamers: Who are you and what do you play?

Hey guys whats up!

I would like to dedicate this thread to post our computer gaming habits and history and maybe also some MSN info so I can invite some of you at one time or another to get your *** handed to you by myself at one of these games.

Use the following template to list your gaming habits and history.

Gaming experience:
Hmm, I've been on computers since the commodore 64 and I first started gaming on that very computer so I guess it's safe to say I've got at least 13 years of computer gaming experience.

Game types played:
I swear to god if there is one type of game out there that I haven't played you have permission to cut my ***** off and feed them to your Exes.

I've played all types. But to help some of you I will make some sort of list, here goes:
Firstt person shooters (Doom, Quake etc.)
Simulators (Flight Simulator etc.)
Real Time Strategy (StarCraft, Warcraft 3, etc.)
Lookup google for more details and different types of games.

How would you rate yourself?
a) I play games but I don't consider myself a real gamer.
b) I'm a gamer that plays about 10 hours per week.
c) I'm a gamer that plays about 30+ hours per week.
d) I'm a hardcore gamer that plays 40+ hours per week.
e) I suck at life, I'm such a hardcore gamer that I play whenever I don't eat, poop, **** or take a shower.
f) In between d and e. This is my rating, I made this option just for me just so I don't look like someone who sucks at life.

Most played games?
Most played to least played.
World of Warcraft
Battlefield 2142
Quake 3 and up
CounterStrike: Source
List goes on and on...I won't bother listing them they are all the most popular games that are pretty recent.

Brief description of your gaming reputation:
This will sound like a brag, but it's actualy quite true. Locally I kick everyones ***, literaly I pwn the **** out of them at every game. I don't know how come, my roommate always tells them the truth whenever they bust out comments like: "Well, damn, I don't play 1000 hours per week!!" and tells them: "The last time ShadoW played this game was at the last LAN. He barely plays 1 hour per at these games." And they are like, wtf, how? I must have this **** in my blood or something. But when ever I goto these LANs and get comments like: "Holy **** you are insane. How did you get so good." I don't let it get to my head at all. Some people at these places are such sore losers you would not beleive it. When I lose I take my loss very well and the same thing goes to winning.

MSN Info or any orther instant messaging ID.
MSN: shdw2k5@hotmail.com
ADD ME!!!

If one of you has what it takes to take me on let me know! I love competition!! RAWR [:@]

If you play World Of Warcraft you can find me on the Elune server on the Horde side, on Bludfury (my 60 Fury Warrior). Gimme a shout!

If there is something you guys want to add to your template or post, by all means feel free do to so!

Old 11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gamers: Who are you and what do you play?

^ if i were you i would put a space in your email so spammers don't ge it and use it... just a thought

Gaming experience:
I have played games since the late 80/early 90s so i can honestly say at leasat 17 years of gamming under my belt, the first game i play(that i remember) was Commander Keen 4[sm=icon_rock.gif], and i still love that game

Game types played:
Pretty much every type have been played, first person, third person, simulator, rpg, rts.

I use to fit in the D catagory when i was in school, when i was home i would play for hour on end. now i would say only the B catagory sometimes C when i get a new game.
e) I suck at life, I'm such a hardcore gamer that I play whenever I don't eat, poop, **** or take a shower.
f) In between d and e. This is my rating, I made this option just for me just so I don't look like someone who sucks at life.

Most played games?
Half-Life 2
Half-Life2 : Episode One
Call of Duty 2
Forza Motorsport
Need For Speed series
If i am in an RTS mood i will play Homeworld 2

I don't play online enough to have a reputation, cause the games that i play my computer would probably blow up if i played them online cause i only get about 20fps in Half-Life 2

Old 11-28-2006, 01:05 PM

Gaming experience:
Well I am relatively young. My first system was a Nintendo. Since then I have had a Super Nintendo, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Xbox, Playstation 2, Gamecube. And of course, my PC.

Game types played:
So many game shave been played. I am ONLY playing World of Warcraft at the moment.

I will name iff some of my favs.
The Street Fighter Series(Including Marvel and SNK)
Guilty Gear Series
Dark Stalkers Series
Killer Instinct Series
Starcraft(Brood Wars)
Warcraft Series
Halo

Um?

Most played games?
World of Warcraft
Halo 2
Street Fighter Third Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom vs SNK 2

I was ranked third in the world at Capcom vs SNK 2 for three montsh straight, I am a DIE HARD fighting game fan. I have experience in a tournaments in the following games:

Capcom vs SNK 2(1st)
Marvel vs Capcom 2(2nd)
Street Fighter Third Strike(1st)
Guilty Gear X: Reloaded(3rd)
Halo(1st)
Halo 2(1st)
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance(2nd)

MSN Info or any orther instant messaging ID.
AIM:YouTookMyVCard

Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM

Omfg, Commander Keen 4 was the ****.

I used to play that one, Duke Nukem 1, 2 and 3.

Been gaming since the late 80s uh? I'm 23 years old and I've played games that we're out years before commander keen...how old are you? ^.^ I must have started REAL gaming when I was in the 5th or 6th grade. Maybe you we're one of my teachers? HAHA! jk!!!!

World of WarCraft is so damn good and addicting its not funny.

There is this news reportage on a kid who plays 24/7 and gets angry when he dies and throws **** through walls.

They made this commercial lately and they already got 7million plus subscribers to their game, this commercial ought to bump that number up a few notches...just make sure that if you do start playign this game START OFF ON THE HORDE SIDE DAMNIT WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:12 PM

Gaming experience:
First started in 2002 when my friend introduced me to Counter-Strike. Then converted to WoW in the summers of '05 and '06.
Play all the NCAA Football titles and Madden titles.

Game types played:
FPS
MMORPG

Presently I'm B but in the past I've been D.

Most played games?
World of Warcraft
Counter-Strike
Madden/NCAA Fotoball
HL2/Fable

Counter-Strike - CAL-M
WoW - 60 Warrior w/ MS Build
Madden/NCAA Football - Pwn Everything and Everyone
HL2/Fable - Beat both games more than once

Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

Gaming experience
Ever since i was 4 or 5, Sonic 2 on Genesis

Game types played
EVERYRTHING, but i really like stealth/espionage (Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, etc.). Other than that, Final Fantasy VII and X, Grand Theft Auto (all of them, even back with the overhead view), Socom II, Need for Speed Underground(s), all the Tomb Raiders for PS1, and Twisted Metal games

Most played games?
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Tomb Raider 3

Gaming Reputation: don't got much of one, jsut have a different game system set up in almost every room in the house so i can always play haha just love the sh*t

Old 11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

How the HELL did i forget the Grand Theft Auto series.... i have played those games more then any other game, with the Homeworld Series comming a very near second

Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

Gaming experience:
Started back when i was a child playing the good old NES. now it has evolved into anything thats on a console.

Game types played:
Really anything that interests me. I really love sports games, and FPS. I just recently gotten into RPGs.

I would say B and sometimes C

Most played games?
(no particular order)
Madden
NCAA (basketball and football)
halo 1 & 2
scarface
NFS underground, most wanted, carbon
forza
gran turismo 4
marvel ultimate alliance (SP?)

Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

I used to play Starcraft on the internet... but that was almost 10 years ago...

Old 11-28-2006, 08:23 PM

Gaming experience:
lets see, i started back with the snes, and then moved onto the n64 which truly made me a gamer...i was casual with the snes, but the n64 made me a loser...then i got a great PC and started doing some starcraft, and then some quake1, then 2, and now 3 which i still play...and now i am a valve software fanboy...lol

Game types played:
every type out there...and yes, hentai style to...lol
i usually stick around FPSs, though i will play the **** out of anything from the Elder Scrolls series...

pending on the week, i average a C

Most played games?
Hostile Intent (HL1 mod)
Sven Co-op (HL1 mod)
Half life 1 DM
Morrowind
Forza Motorsport

i too am the guy who goes to a LAN party and is like, i last played this 3 months ago...and then precede to come in first or second place in every game...i have no consistency what so ever in most multiplayer games though....for instance at the last halo 2 LAN i went from getting 30+ frag leads at the start to coming in last place...so it all varies on my mood, and concentration....but usually i am known as the guy to have on your team...

contacts:
msn: lewanker21@ hotmail.com
aim: BurryTheSpeedo

Quick Reply: Gamers: Who are you and what do you play?