The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

ORIGINAL: Marty

I am so ****ing tired of people even thinking that anyone that is illegaly in this country has any and I repeat any rights other than human rights which we do not infringe on even by deporting them.
I agree with this statement, to a point. I do feel, illegal or not, some immigrants belong here more than many true citizens, but simply lack a slip of paper from our gov. But at the same time, where do we cross the line? We can't take care of everybody.

There has to be a balance in there, keeping the good immigrants in and those that just want to use this country out. But like most if not all governments of the world, ours has sold it's soul to big business. I don't think the majority of our gov cares about INS or illegal immigrants stiffing citizens (illegal immigrants = cheap, expendable labor), not even the democrats that claim to. They just want votes imo.

Bah I hate politics.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

When approved, environmentally-sensitive ANWR exploration and production on 2000 acres would create over 1 million jobs, lessen our dependence on foreign sources, and stimulate the economy. courtesy of http://www.amasci.com/~rarnold/the_facts.htm
And carbon levels will continue to rise and global warming will get worse. Enjoy those blue glaciers while ya got em!

Old 04-27-2006, 11:30 PM
HCF Member

as an economics major i can tell you there is nothing that the government car really do, The only option the president has is the ability to set a price ceiling which would only create more problems. A lot of the hike in prices are because of the addition of ethanol to gasoline, the reason ethanol is being used to help out the corn farmers in this country. Marty said early in this thread that we should boycott exxon mobil, but that is hard when exxon mobil is one of about 5 oil producers in this country. Just because we dont buy our gas at an exxon station does not mean we arent buying exxon products. Wawa and other convience stores do not produce their own gasoline they buy it from exxon mobil and the other huge oil companies. Gas prices suck and so does big business and government policies. I hope that the price of crude oil comes down and we can find a way to resolve the oil issue. How i look at it is that if Honda worked like the Government we would be getting civics with 3 wheels, no hood and that only worked when it wanted. Look at the War on Terror started but not finished, Immigration they started but never finished if they produced a product they would start but never finish.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:43 AM
HCF Member

Let me put it this way, we are being charged around $75 a barrel of crude oil, do you have any idea how much money goes into extracting 1 barrel of crude oil from the ground????? $8 to $12 you are talking around a 900% turn over as far as proffit. Anyone that says that is not gouging prices is blind and stupid. I am not saying it is Bush's fault. Bush is a idiot and I honestly do not think he has the brain power to cook up a plan or put one into play that would do this. This is a combo of OPEC and mid eastern countries sticking to not only us but the whole world. Major oil companies this last quarter have reigned in around $18 billion in bottom line profits not to mention they are handing out $25 million retirement packages to it's officers. Is it fair everybody in the free world has to struggle with gas prices that have jumped around 300% in the past 5 years so these people can live like ****ing kings?

Old 04-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Stinky Administrator

^^^i agree

[IMG]local://upfiles/8815/2F0233C75123429B8DB6C319AB50538F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-28-2006, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

When approved, environmentally-sensitive ANWR exploration and production on 2000 acres would create over 1 million jobs, lessen our dependence on foreign sources, and stimulate the economy. courtesy of http://www.amasci.com/~rarnold/the_facts.htm
And carbon levels will continue to rise and global warming will get worse. Enjoy those blue glaciers while ya got em!
How will they produce that much more carbon? They arent refineries we are talking about, but productions sites. Its the damn Expeditions, Suburbans, and now they saw lawn mowers that produce all the greenhouses gases---Dave

Old 04-28-2006, 01:39 PM

bush s#cks

Old 04-28-2006, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kedawei
I do feel, illegal or not, some immigrants belong here more than many true citizens, but simply lack a slip of paper from our gov. There has to be a balance in there, keeping the good immigrants in and those that just want to use this country out.
I have no problem with 'em being here. IF THEY ARE LEGAL!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty
Anyone that says that is not gouging prices is blind and stupid. I am not saying it is Bush's fault. Bush is a idiot and I honestly do not think he has the brain power to cook up a plan or put one into play that would do this.
Yes it is price gouging. but it is not the exxon companies doing it.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:57 PM

here is more food for thought...how many gallons of gas, per car, per race, is used up in nascar racing? thats a s#*t load. isn't nascar season like 9 months long or something? nothing against nascar.

Quick Reply: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices