The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Sound dumb to be against those w power doesn't it? But that's how the US was created, equal right for everybody. I refuse to let any jump on me.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

ORIGINAL: phoenix_gtr
Sound dumb to be against those w power doesn't it? But that's how the US was created, equal right for everybody. I refuse to let any jump on me.
and that is how you get through life. don't let anyone bring you down, don't let anyone tell you are something that you know you aren't. and if they do. Drop 'em. lol

Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 PM

A lot of the people that stammer on about the problems that immigrants pose us as citizens, although I did not read your comments on it specifically civicus (I don't read anything that isn't well formatted), don't realize that a signifigant problem with these immigrants obtaining citizenship is our INS. INS hasn't been doing it's job for decades. There are people that have been waiting 5-10 years, sometimes even 20, that know more about this country, and have done a lot more for this country than a lot of it's "citizens," and are being withheld from naturalization and the rights it bears just because their papers are stuck up some ***** at INS's ***.

The whole naturalization process is bull to begin with in this country.

And just to try keep on topic with this post...

I really can't say whether or not Bush can affect gas prices had he swung his administrative hammer, but I can say many of his economic decisions have been unethical and appaling to say the least. (I'm refering to his contracting and tax breaks.)

Old 04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kedawei
INS hasn't been doing it's job for decades. There are people that have been waiting 5-10 years, sometimes even 20, that know more about this country, and have done a lot more for this country than a lot of it's "citizens," and are being withheld from naturalization and the rights it bears just because their papers are stuck up some ***** at INS's ***.
Agreed, the INS sucks. What is it may the fifth where all illegal immigrants in chicago don't go to work but go to the INS headquarters and protest. And you know that they are all illegal. it is a yearly ritual. but the government doesn't allow them to do anything about it.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

The government cant do anything about it. The illegal's problem we have in this country is the Mexican governments faults not our governments fault. If they would provide for their own population and spur growth the need for people to come here would be far less. It is called being overloaded. 100,000's if not millions of illegals come here every year and
I am not against Mexican people moving here and starting a new more rewarding life, but I am against people be it Mexicans or not moving here undetected, not paying taxes, clogging our school systems, ER's, and so forth. This is not a U.S. vs Mexican thing, this is a you break the law and you get what is coming to you thing.

I am so ****ing tired of people even thinking that anyone that is illegaly in this country has any and I repeat any rights other than human rights which we do not infringe on even by deporting them. This country is in the middle of a revolution, not a gun battle type but mark my words some crazy **** will happen within the next 10 years or so because our once rich and prosporing nation is being brought to it's knees. We cant afford ourselves let alone others at this time. but yet everybody is preaching that we as a nation have no say in it, we as a nation have voted our government into office and our government is trying to do something about it but cant because everybody is so hung up on stupid bull **** that in the end is not and has not been our problem.

The Mexican government is to blame for not providing, being nobody holds them resposable for taking care of their own people why is it that our government and the population of this country is being held resposable for taking care of people that do not want to put foward the effort to make their own nation better. Mexican pride?, looks to me as if they dont have much pride if they would rather up and ditch their homeland rather than try and fix it.

It's the white man against the Mexicans? That is how it gets put out there. A white person in this country cant do **** without being called a racist anymore and that includes putting in place and inforcing laws not against the people of Mexico but against people breaking the law. To me it is a ****ing joke that this whole subject is so debated. I for one feel this way, if I break a law I get jail time if that fits the crime, they are illegaly here which is a crime that should result in being deported. I know most try and come here to make a good life for themselves but you have to understand that if they do it illegaly it is at mine and anyones else who is here legaly expense.

Once again this is not a us vs them this is a matter of the law, I get what is coming to me for breaking the law....any law and they(being illegals not just mexicans) are no better than I.

Oh yea as for the gas prices check this out

Prices in US dollars in March 2005
$0.78/gallon in Kuwait City, Kuwait
$0.91/gallon in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Supply and demand my ***.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

since this thread got jacked a few centuries ago, I'll throw in another curveball (lol):

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ops/index.html

Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers
since this thread got jacked a few centuries ago, I'll throw in another curveball (lol):
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ops/index.html
Good story but what did that have to do with anything we were talking about.

Marty those gas prices are ridiculous. I wnoder if they also include taxes.i doubt it b/c i believe they don't hafta pay taxes b/c, oh yeah, they pump the oil. God i wish we would start ****ing pumping oil again. almost all of the texas oil pumps are shut down. 3/4 of the gulf's pumps are down. and around the coast of florida which is a gold mine, cannot be pumped b/c florida doesnt want the tourist to see the rigs. and we only like 5 oil refineries in the united states. which are barely doing what we pump which is why we hafta import gas from other countries. i.e, saudia arabia, iran, kuwait, and iraq. and they are bending us over the barrels and ****ing us in the *** as we sign the requisitions.

I'm glas i finally gotsomeone to agree with about the illegal immigrants rights.

I have a feeling this country is going down the tubes.
And IT IS sad that we can barely say anything about mexicans and blacks and towelheads w/o being called racist. but that is what they have brought themselves too. IMO. I hear everyone tell everyone. "Go back where you came from," there isnt anybody living in thei country that started here. the only ppl are the Indians and they have been driven out and into a small reservation in Oklahoma. Sad isn't it! but that is how this country works.

oh yes and i didnt get to mention this in earlier posts. about the drilling in ANWR thing. The reason why we didnt is b/c environmentalist said that we would destroy the largest national park in the United States. it is almost 19 million acres. and they have the largest caribou population. Caribou are endangered species. well they were at the time. after we built the alsakan pipeline and it was finished the caribou had somewhere to retreat to b/c they wouldn't be hunted b/c of federal property lines. and now they are not extinct. So why can't we drill there? oh yes they say it would destroy the national park area and ppl would not visit. well i believ alska only has a tourist population of about 100,000 ppl . and they don't go to ANWR. they go to anchorage and juneau. mostly b/c of the sledding and cruise ship ports. so why can't we drill? WHY CAN'T WE ****ING DRILL?

Old 04-27-2006, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

I totally agree w u about the immigrants thing, there's only indians here when it started out the first place. But we dont need to drill, we dont need oil (still have to go after iraq tho), refineries is what causin the gas price. They dont refine enough( or refuse to do so) plus katrina added to that w drown refinery/rig

Old 04-27-2006, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

The government cant do anything about it. The illegal's problem we have in this country is the Mexican governments faults not our governments fault. If they would provide for their own population and spur growth the need for people to come here would be far less. It is called being overloaded. 100,000's if not millions of illegals come here every year and
I am not against Mexican people moving here and starting a new more rewarding life, but I am against people be it Mexicans or not moving here undetected, not paying taxes, clogging our school systems, ER's, and so forth. This is not a U.S. vs Mexican thing, this is a you break the law and you get what is coming to you thing.

I am so ****ing tired of people even thinking that anyone that is illegaly in this country has any and I repeat any rights other than human rights which we do not infringe on even by deporting them. This country is in the middle of a revolution, not a gun battle type but mark my words some crazy **** will happen within the next 10 years or so because our once rich and prosporing nation is being brought to it's knees. We cant afford ourselves let alone others at this time. but yet everybody is preaching that we as a nation have no say in it, we as a nation have voted our government into office and our government is trying to do something about it but cant because everybody is so hung up on stupid bull **** that in the end is not and has not been our problem.

The Mexican government is to blame for not providing, being nobody holds them resposable for taking care of their own people why is it that our government and the population of this country is being held resposable for taking care of people that do not want to put foward the effort to make their own nation better. Mexican pride?, looks to me as if they dont have much pride if they would rather up and ditch their homeland rather than try and fix it.

It's the white man against the Mexicans? That is how it gets put out there. A white person in this country cant do **** without being called a racist anymore and that includes putting in place and inforcing laws not against the people of Mexico but against people breaking the law. To me it is a ****ing joke that this whole subject is so debated. I for one feel this way, if I break a law I get jail time if that fits the crime, they are illegaly here which is a crime that should result in being deported. I know most try and come here to make a good life for themselves but you have to understand that if they do it illegaly it is at mine and anyones else who is here legaly expense.

Once again this is not a us vs them this is a matter of the law, I get what is coming to me for breaking the law....any law and they(being illegals not just mexicans) are no better than I.

Oh yea as for the gas prices check this out

Prices in US dollars in March 2005
$0.78/gallon in Kuwait City, Kuwait
$0.91/gallon in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Supply and demand my ***.
I agree with you on everything about the illegals--they came here ILLEGALY--so deport them. Your prices for oil dont mean anything though. Canada is what, close to $5 a gallon now. Japan is near $10 a gallon, most of Europe is between $5-8 a gallon and has been for a long time. So it's not just happening here. They have what the world wants so of course they can charge cheaper prices--it only makes sense. I'm sure they pay premium for our exports like lumber and metals, because they don't have that ****. Also we have the federal tax on oil as well as the state tax on oil--thats why you'll in CA and the east coast pay outrageos prices. Blame the lack of development of ANWR on democrats in congress and especially Clinton--if it wasnt for his dumbass we would now just be producing oil from ANWR. If you read one of my post from earlier, ANWR will develop on 2000 acres, thats right 2000 acres. I know people with farms bigger than that---Dave

Old 04-27-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 94civicus
WHY CAN'T WE ****ING DRILL?
If I remember correctly, we pump 49% of our oil in the United States, making us our largest supplier of oil in the world. So we are drilling.

And I agree that we need to be pumping out of Alaska. We should have been years ago.

Quick Reply: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices