The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

ORIGINAL: importcivicus
I hope does get solved the way we want it to be. I wish gas prics were about a 1.00 for premium to the gallon.
I remember when i was in 6th grade gas in florida was about $.89/gallon. i wish it still was.

but i still dont think there will be anything done about it. like pat said.

ORIGINAL: Patrick
"wish in one hand"..
I completely agree.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

ORIGINAL: Remmy

"Ill hold my breath"

Don't do that it will most likely be a long wait. LOL

Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Well atleast it is something ya know, this stuff has been happening and nobody has said ****. Everybody bitchs and mumbles under their breath.

I wish I could arrange a boycott of Exxon Mobil, see what happens when nobody buys oil/gas from the biggest oil company in the world for about a month or so.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty
Well atleast it is something ya know, this stuff has been happening and nobody has said ****. Everybody bitchs and mumbles under their breath.
I wish I could arrange a boycott of Exxon Mobil, see what happens when nobody buys oil/gas from the biggest oil company in the world for about a month or so.
you do know that their are only a few petroleum suppliers in the U.S. right. exxon mobil owns more than just exxon and mobil. that have subsidaries. and then their subsidaries have subsidairies. you would never be able to organize something usch as this.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Stinky Administrator

its a good point marty but i think there is not much we can do i think it boils down to its damned if we do and damned if we don't we should march on the white house and protest in bushes front yard and see if that does anything

Old 04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

I think that its just lip service. They say that they want something done, but in actuallity they aren't willing to do anything. I think that Congress can do a little more than to ASK the president to investigate.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Stinky Administrator

^^^i agree but since 9-11 bush has had total power to do what he wants and he is doing want he wants and damn the american people now us as tax payers will have to pay for rebuilding iraq this country is going to h#ll my dad said back in the 70s when we had the oil embargo this sh#t didn't go on for long people got madder than h#ll and did something about it the reason people are not doing anything now is everyone makes more money now and a lot of them are not worred about it just wait when gas gets to $5.00 a gallon people will flip out

Old 04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

this is bull**** abou the tax thing. guys we have had more tax breaks since bush has been in office, than the last three presidents combined. but i still say that nothing is going to come out of this,.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Stinky Administrator

yes we have had tax breaks but they are ending so we can pay for iraq it was on cnbc the tax payers will pay to rebuild iraq just think whats going to happen to or taxes if we invade iran and on cnbc oil is $72.78

Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PURPLECIVICCOUPE
yes we have had tax breaks but they are ending so we can pay for iraq it was on cnbc the tax payers will pay to rebuild iraq just think whats going to happen to or taxes if we invade iran and on cnbc oil is $72.78
well i should get all of my taxes back since i am in the military. lol. but it sucks for ya'll

Quick Reply: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices