The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

Well the tv, news papers, and internet pages can say one thing but what I see with my eyes tells me different.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Finally, people are going after Bush to do something about gas prices

ORIGINAL: 94civicus

ORIGINAL: Kedawei
They're allowed to charge what people will pay.
No...they charge what they KNOW ppl HAVE TO pay.
How about, yes. They're allowed to. The government can regulate prices on anything if they choose, remember how they used to set airline prices? Until Reagan deregulated the indsutry and crippled it.

And are we forgetting the national debt Scroder? Is it over $8 trillion yet?

Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

The defeciet is really a big problem. My grandkids will prolly be paying for this deficeit. The stock market is back to the level that it was when Bush took office, big whoop. The economy hasn't really had a net gain during bush's four years, its simply broken even. What ever happened to the surplus?

Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Scroder

ORIGINAL: Marty

I am not a Bush hater nor am I a Bush supporter as I think they all suck *** really but the reason Bush takes such good care of the military is because he uses them so much. Lets see Afganastan, Iraq, Iran is going to end up another war, and I would not be a bit shocked if when in office Bush tries to attack N. Korea. 4 major conflicts in the matter of 8 years? Can we say one track mind? Oil man in office and gas prices go up? What a shock. But in the end I agree Bush really cant do anything to stop gas prices from going up but I bet it is not hurting his feelings any.

I will honestly like to see someone else in office though, not so much because the wars and gas prices but the constant tax breaks for rich people, hardly any economical developement, and rising un-employment rates combines with the prices of everything going up at such an alarming rate and min wages not being updated to cope with it.
HUH---I would be willing to be $100 we will not be attacking any of those countries listed unless they strike first or unless NATO or the security council agree to it. Bush has already backed off of Iran once. Hardly any economic development? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12529451/ My god its all over the television and paper how our economy is doing so well. The stock market is over 11,000 pts, and I have seen my investments make some money the last 2 years. Unemployment is also very low. So we have high gas prices--besides that our economy is doing quite well---Dave
If you call the growth of 1.1% in 4th quarter(lowest in 3years) and maximum achieved 4.3% in 2005 3rd quarter is good then may be you were right, this country is doing fine. You probably dont even notice the US dollar rate is dropping do you?

Old 05-01-2006, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

The defeciet is really a big problem. My grandkids will prolly be paying for this deficeit. The stock market is back to the level that it was when Bush took office, big whoop. The economy hasn't really had a net gain during bush's four years, its simply broken even. What ever happened to the surplus?
The deficit is different from the National Debt. The deficit is the yearly amount by which spending exceeds revenue. Typically we spend more than we make. The overall debt hasn't seen a decrease since 1969.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

Where does the defeciet that Bush has ran up go? I'm pretty sure it ends up in the national debt.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

Doesn't matter who would have been in Office, because Kerry supported the war at the beginning so we would probably be spending as much if he were in office on the war. Also this war is still cheaper than Vietnam and both Word Wars, adjusted for inflation. I do agree the defecit is a big concern and will be to come. We have done better than broke even--simply look at property, stock market, etc to see that. If a 25 year old like myself in college who only works part-time can make $20,000 in the stock market and bonds and other investments in 2 years, anyone can. And that is with no help from mommy or daddy---Dave

Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM

Where does the defeciet that Bush has ran up go? I'm pretty sure it ends up in the national debt.
Yeah, an increase in deficit = an increased National Debt. You just weren't using the terms correctly in the above context.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

yeah.. our places around here are gouging

Old 05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my_hidden_romance

yeah.. our places around here are gouging
Wow, way to fall outta the boat and not even hit a drop of water. The discussion has become alot more complex. Reading is your friend, I suggest doing it before posting.