The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 09:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT Trailer

ORIGINAL: Marty

Somebody should be shot in the face with a 380 for doing that to the Mustang. I'll leave it at that, a RB26 can suck my ***** I dont give a crap what car it came in or how much power you can force it to have by shoving a *** load of air into it via a big *** turbo. Take that turbo off that engine and see what it has. Nissan could not then and can not now make a I6 N/A and make good power with it, they suck.

The skyline is a monster no doubt but it is not the engine that makes it what it is, it's the chassis, the AWD system(which is better than anything Subie or Mitsu has out to this day). it's the whole package. Kinda like the Lotus Elise, it is a bad *** car but the engine dont make it bad ***.
but comparing an RB26 without a turbo is like saying take 6 cylinders off of the 428. then its not what it was designed to be. and who cares if Nissan cant make an NA motor? If i want NA, Ill go V8 or Honda. if I want a massive turbo powered monster, Ill go Supra, Nissan, or DSM. The RB was built around the turbo. thats why it is what it is, and a 2.6L I6 that is pretty easily capable of over 1000 horses(maybe bored to a 2.8L) is hard to argue how good it is. I understand why youre mad about them doing something "sacriligeous" to a classic muscle car, but it is their car. I think the guy who did a 5 lug conversion on his Enzo, just so he could get aftermarket wheels is an absolute moron, and I hope he gets a ton of crap about it from the other ferarri owners, but its his car. and personally, I would rather have a super custom RB powered Mustang with a 7 or 8 hundred horses, than a "stock" classically restored Mustang.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:19 PM
HCF Member

I need to re-phrase what I said. I never ment to come off like I dont respect the RB26 but the 428cj that came in those stangs are no joke at all. You are talking a engine rated at like 375hp that is drasticly undderrated and I mean by like 75 or hp. It is not so much of a prolem with me that a person would do something like this but to that car it makes no sense at all when the engine that comes with it is even more of a monster than the one they replaced it with.

Also the car would drift better with a big block under the hood

Old 03-19-2006, 12:20 AM

Puh-leeese.

Nobody breaks traffic laws in Tokyo! Nobody even jaywalks there!

Old 03-19-2006, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

They have things that go on in the middle of the night where they block like 4 square blocks off and drift/race but it's like part of the culture and is not looked down apon. Also Tokyo even if it is one of the biggest cities in the world is suprizingly empty after say midnight. This is where they got the idea for the game series "Midnight Club"

And yes I know this for a fact because I lived on Yakota Air Force Base for 2 years on the outskirts of Tokyo

Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 AM

Ah. I was only downtown (Akasaka/Roppongi) and never saw it particularly empty.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:33 AM
HCF Member

Well it tappers off in large parts of the city, the parts that do still have alot of people in it are the strips with the bars and restraunts. But as a whole it is nothing like a major U.S. city, my city here only has say 450,000 people in it and it never sleeps. there is as much going on at night as there is in the day.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Ill join you forty. Ill bring the 3d glasses and popcorn... should I bring New Castle or Yeunling?
New Castle

Old 03-19-2006, 08:29 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

...but it's like part of the culture and is not looked down apon...

Ahh but not true, the Yakuza HATE the Hashiriya(street racers) absolutely HATE them... i was reading an issue of Jtuner(british car magazine) and they have this one article called "man in japan" everymonth, it is a guy who actually lives in Japan who is from England, there was one occasion where he was at a car meet, they weren't doing jack all, and out of the blue the Yakuza showed up and started beating anyone that they could that didn't run, just cause tehy were potential street racers.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:37 PM

does everyone remember when the first F&F came out, hondas started poppin up everywhere then even more after the second. imagine now after this one, there are gonna be kias and camrys swerving into guardrails. i remember when i went to pick up my gf from her job, some guys in an si and in an infinity j30 were trying to slide in the parking lot. who knew the owner of such a sweet si would be that stupid. as for 240's, since d1 started stateside, it got harder to find one and if you did find one, they were expensive as hell. and the seller would drop the line "it's great for drifting" when they don't know what it is. now it's going to be almost impossible to find one after this movie.