The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The Epic HCF Weight Loss and Diet Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Down to 268, woot! To celebrate, I have whiskey!

...omg quit h8n

Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
^Hopefully you mean 220/230. I have pretty much the same goal. I started doing P90 so I could work my way up to P90x. The results so far speak for themselves. 298 lbs to 269 lbs thus far. Diet is HUGE. You are what you eat. Feed your body some quality food and see how much better you feel.

Think of it like building a house. You eat fast food crap and it's like using cheap materials. Sure, it'll work and you end up with a house. But it won't last as long as quality materials would have. And it won't be as strong. Same with the body.

It takes around 7 years to replace all of the cells in your body. Cells don't live forever and eventually die and are replaced. Right now, your cells are all built out of poor quality materials. Start feeding yourself good food, high quality proteins, etc. Start building up some lean muscle with good nutrition. You won't turn your life around instantly because it took you 20 years to get here. But look at me for example. January 14, I was 298. March 19, I am 270. I lost a LOT of fat purely by changing my diet. I worked out 6 days a week, alternating between cardio and strength. I have had to stop working out for 3 weeks now due to minor surgeries on my foot and hand, but I kept eating right and I'm still losing weight. I haven't completely stopped being active. For the past few weeks I've been helping renovate our new office for work. That's some pretty hardcore stuff, all things considered.

The crazy part is that I've been bulking up by eating a lot of extra protein and I'm STILL losing weight. Muscle is heavier than fat so I've really lost a lot of fat already, but replaced some of it with muscle. That's the cool part about doing both cardio and strength training. Build up muscle so your body uses more fuel (fat). Don't eat before working out so your body has to use stored energy instead of whats in your stomach. Don't eat 3 hours before going to bed so your body will spend 8 hours using stored energy.

good stuff. Those are great suggestions, thanks! And, yeah, I mean 230, LOL