The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

The Epic HCF Weight Loss and Diet Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Default The Epic HCF Weight Loss and Diet Thread

Part of having a faster car is having a lighter driver. Post your pro tips, track your progress, and stop being a fattie!

I'm planning on starting South Beach soon. Hope it does something.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:01 PM

P90X for me. I'm not trying to lose weight(if anything I'm trying to gain it), just trying to get in overall better shape and feel better about myself and this program is really doing the trick. I'm on week 9 and I'm in the best shape of my life. In all aspects too. From strength, flexibility, balance, agility, stamina, etc... It's a very well rounded program. My girlfriend loves the changes that's been happening to my body lol. She's started doing it with me too and she loves it just as much. It's amazing how many people I run into who are either doing it, know someone who's doing it, or plan on buying it. For what it is, it's a very cheap program. I bought the whole package with express shipping for $300. Cheaper than any gym membership or personal trainer and will get you to your goal faster and easier. No more gym for me, I'll be sticking to this program for as long as those DVD's work. If they break, I'll be buying it again. I HIGHLY recommend it.

The program isn't really tailored for anyone extremely overweight although I have seen success stories from overweight people using the program. I feel it's doable for anyone since you can really go at your own pace and you can modify certain workouts to alleviate pains or any struggles you may have. I'm not following the diet plan but apparently it's very good too.

That's just my .02 on it. Anyone else doing P90X on here?

Aside from that, with ANY weight-loss or exercise program it is ESSENTIAL to follow the exact directions the program suggest. It is the only way you will receive the results it promises. The only reason P90X has worked so well for me is because I stick to the 7-day a week, hour to hour and a half schedule. I really push myself hard and that's why I'm receiving the results this program has promised. If you think you'll struggle, find someone that can push you and motivate you to keep going and working hard. It can be hard sometimes to fit an hour of working out on a busy day but even if I'm tired and it's the end of the day, I still push myself to do it and man do I feel good afterwords.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM

I need to start doing something to be honest. 24 y.o. this coming friday, consuming all kinds of junk food/high caloric foods, and nothing regarding working out..........ever, and I hit 155 last week (6 ft tall btw).... just waiting for that metabolism to start slowing down, that'll give me a nice kick in the rear to start exercising etc.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

189 lbs to 168 lbs. Steady for 6 months now.

Custom diet plan = stop eating too much f---ing food.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

5'8" - 130lbs

Waiting for metabolism to settle its *** down so I can put on some weight haha

Old 06-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
5'8" - 130lbs

Waiting for metabolism to settle its *** down so I can put on some weight haha
Increase your protein intake.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

Ill do it

Old 06-15-2010, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

I'll hop on this and give my story. I am currently following the weight watchers program. My mom started doing the program and going to the meetings about a month ago, and a couple of weeks ago I decided to do it with her, I just don't go to the meetings. Although this is not new to either of us. When I was 12 I dropped from 165 at 5'2" to 135 at 5'4" using the weight watchers program, and my mom also dropped a lot of weight. They have changed stuff a little since then, but its still the same basic concept. Every person gets a certain number of points of food per day based on gender, age, weight, and activity level. Then every food is assigned a number of points per serving based on calories and fat content. You just keep track of your points throughout the day, and as long as you stay at or below your points for each day it works really well.

I am currently 180, I started at 187, and my goal is 160. I am actually only 2 1/2 weeks into my diet though, so i'm really just getting started.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Increase your protein intake.
RonJ, you forgot soemthing... here ya go..

http://commonsensehealth.com/uploads/food-digestion.jpg

I couldn't really find a diagram that pertained to eating proteins and how that affects your body directly, but this will do.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
RonJ, you forgot soemthing... here ya go..

http://commonsensehealth.com/uploads/food-digestion.jpg

I couldn't really find a diagram that pertained to eating proteins and how that affects your body directly, but this will do.
Haha...the diagram is of a women. Subtle comment to Nike???

If you want to grow, protein is the prime ingredient needed. Eat meat!!!!

Quick Reply: The Epic HCF Weight Loss and Diet Thread