The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

ebay what to get and what not to get.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ebay what to get and what not to get.

bate did you really have that good luck with strut bars?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

you basically get what you pay for on ebay.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

Yeah, my friend bought a "high quality dash kit" when it came it was just a sheet of carbon fiber stickers that didn't even match his car. I didn't feel sorry at all because I told him it wasn't going to be the real deal when he told me it was only like 35 bucks.

On ebay you can find things cheaper than other sites will but it's usually not that much cheaper unless it's a private seller. So research everything you buy. Basically, if it looks too good to be true, it most likely is or there's something terribly wrong.

I am guilty of buying REALLY cheap things that can be more expensive simply because I want to take the risk and see if the seller is just an idiot.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 AM

Usually no name stuff is all crap DO NOT BUY cheap replacement bulbs claiming 6000K LOL dumb *** buddy of mine bought some "sweet" blue fog lights and it melted the housing causing a bubble.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:14 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

ORIGINAL: drbyers

Yeah, my friend bought a "high quality dash kit" when it came it was just a sheet of carbon fiber stickers that didn't even match his car. I didn't feel sorry at all because I told him it wasn't going to be the real deal when he told me it was only like 35 bucks.
I did the same thing when i first got my civic... i bought a dash kit that didn't fit for SH*T. and it came in an APC package. I just broke it out of anger when it didn't fit.... i know better now......

Old 01-25-2007, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

strut bars are really good

headlights are usually good, but you need to seal up the cracks with silicone to make sure no moisture gets in. And i've heard of the halos burning out someitmes, but other people have never had them burn out, so i guess its a chance

reverse glow gauges burn out REALLY quick, i've heard that from alot of people and it happened to me as well

My shift light for ebay worked really well, lights up bright, adjustable, and still kickin after about a year

Side Mirrors fit really well, but the mirror was warped and the carbon fiber-style pattern is fading really bad

Underbody NEON (not LED) is just about the worst thing ever, the underbody LED kit is REALLY good though, not the brightest but durable as hell and a breeze to install/wire

Xenon Bulbs for me have always looked really good, ive heard of them burning out quickly, but that may be becasue the person touched them with their finger. NEver happened to me though

Intake was a good, but the filter was absolutely horrendous

Header so far has worked well, but i'm not expecting it to last much longer

My ebay muffler sounds not too bad, and i'm expecting it to sound even better with my custom catback (i'll get sound clips up for you guys)

Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

i have a cheap intake, its fine.....i got rims for dirt cheap, and there good to

Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 AM

Id say stay away from no-brand name taillights. I bought mine for 70 shipped and they didnt fit at all. I had to shave off alot of the housing and they still dont fit all the way.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

I feel like this thread is turning into more of a thread to admit you've done bad things, like bought ricey stuff off ebay.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

I love my side mirrors.. M3 style, black, and leds with a design on the side that is the same shape as my headlights. Ebay for 60 bucks. The glass is just a little bent on the edges but I adapted to them quickly.

I dont recommend ebay projector headlights... my leds didnt match well and the casing broke after a year... I payed alot more for my newer ones from EagleEye and they are nice w/blue halos.

Quick Reply: ebay what to get and what not to get.