The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

drove formula car first time

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: drove formula car first time

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Well, we didn't have video this time, but I might be goign out again next friday and I'll try to bring my camera and mount it to the top of the car to take video.
Duck tape can only go so far. The camera wouldnt do much for long when you reach above 130 mph, the only thing it would be seeing is the sky then when it flys off the car it would be viewing the asphalt before it shatters into pieces

Old 10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

I am not kidding when I say there is actually an element of fear involved when you hit the gas.
I dont doubt!!! Hell I would be scared to get in the car.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

damn sounds like fun, for sure get a video next time though, would be awesome

Old 10-20-2007, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17701559066936

To tide yall over till i get a video, this is the car from 2002...the current one is a lot faster.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

^^^ WOW!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

I want one...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

What team are you on? I've had a lot of experience in the UCSD car.

Have you tested the acceleration numbers? This car was the 3rd fastest in competition in 2006 and it barely managed 0-60 in 3.5.

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

Duck tape can only go so far. The camera wouldnt do much for long when you reach above 130 mph, the only thing it would be seeing is the sky then when it flys off the car it would be viewing the asphalt before it shatters into pieces
No way can you get one of these up to 130. The most you'll ever see on the biggest courses is 85mph. I can attest to the fear factor though, the first time is rough. Once you get a couple events under you're belt you'll be cool as can be and then you can really start to explore what the car can do.

Oh, and also... good luck getting a video camera to work. If your car is like ours there's wayyyy too much interference from the coils.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

I Drove a 07 STI got to flooring it for about 30 min got in my car and i felt like i wasnt moving ****ing turbo... makes sti feal so fast!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17701559066936

To tide yall over till i get a video, this is the car from 2002...the current one is a lot faster.
damn that looks like a lot of fun! i've raced some decent karts on a couple indoor tracks..but i bet it pales in comparison to that!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

What team are you on? I've had a lot of experience in the UCSD car.

Have you tested the acceleration numbers? This car was the 3rd fastest in competition in 2006 and it barely managed 0-60 in 3.5.

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

No way can you get one of these up to 130. The most you'll ever see on the biggest courses is 85mph. I can attest to the fear factor though, the first time is rough. Once you get a couple events under you're belt you'll be cool as can be and then you can really start to explore what the car can do.

Oh, and also... good luck getting a video camera to work. If your car is like ours there's wayyyy too much interference from the coils.
Sweet man, cool talking to someone with experience in the program...yeah the car didn't have the air inlet restrictor on it, so it was much faster than it will actually be in competition. I think that their official numbers for last year were 3.7. And yeah Koshak, on the course you wouldn't get past 85, but this was bigger than an actual course that you would officially see cuz we set it up in an abandoned airport area. And yeah, i am worried about the camera, but I'm at least going to try it.

Quick Reply: drove formula car first time