The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Driving Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Driving Tunes

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

feh...weak. i just passed the 5000 mark this summer.

PSH! Thats just real cd's my brotha, that doesnt include the 10k+ songs on my work computer, 15k+ at home, and another 4 or 5 thousand on my old laptop that needs to be fixed.. wanna fight?

Honestly, I think you guys are too easily impressed by drummers. Travis is pretty damn good, I'll admit that, but hes no Terry Bozzio or Neil Pert thats for sure.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Well, I'm not a fan of virtuoso drummers who play just to show people how good they are, and I don't listen to RUSH, so...

Old 11-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Well, I'm not a fan of virtuoso drummers who play just to show people how good they are, and I don't listen to RUSH, so...
ha, yeah I'm not a rush fan either, by any means, but I have respect for any talented musician, whether I care for their band or not.

As for Bozzio, he DEFINITELY doesn't play just to show off. Hes done more in his life than most drummers out there now-a-days combined. I mean, he played with Zappa for christ sakes!!

EDIT: I'd like to see Travis hold his own on a set like this...

Awww ****, we can't forget Danny Carey either

Old 11-09-2005, 01:22 PM

i would have to go with the rap all the way. theres nothing like a little 50 cent and some kanye west to get me going but on the other hand i like a little fall out boy and some american rejects sometimes. if i have a girl in the car its usualy whatever they want to listen to. which usualy means some jessy mccartney or gay stuff like that[:'(]

Old 11-09-2005, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I'd like to see Travis hold his own on a set like this...
I smell a drum-off...

Old 11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

yeah...5000 is just real cds. but i dont have many more on my computer...so ig uess in the end you win

danny carey is godlike. cool thing tho: a couple friends and i covered Forty Six & 2 and the drummer i was playing with just ripped out the solo like nothing. wow.

and i dont understand why nobody's mentioned Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater drummer)

Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Nobody's mentioned Kenny Aronoff either. Or Billy Cobham, or Gene Krupa, or Jojo Mayer, the list could go on and on...

But Carter's still my fav.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

And Left-Right is quite possibly the most skillfully produced and smoothest rap/hip hop track I have ever heard, besides maybe Seasons by Cunninlynguists.
Word up but, you gotta think about Galvanize off the same album (Push the Button) as Left-Right. It has the imfamous Q-Tip on it. Does it say something about The Chemical Brothers if they can put out better hip-hop tracks than any hip-hop artists?

Old 11-09-2005, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

ORIGINAL: Forty04

two words....Death Metal.
word. im always with Lamb of God and Children of Bodom when i drive...others include arch enemy, into eternity, and marduk

I listen to a pretty wide range of music, with a cd collection nearing the 2000 mark.
feh...weak. i just passed the 5000 mark this summer.

I know this is off topic and not very nice, but I call [sm=bs.gif] on both of you until I see pics of these collections.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:44 PM

Can someone please tell me why rap is so great??!!?? Anyone can talk while a bass is bumping in the background. Sorry to those rap fans but that IS NOT music!!! It takes NO skill to do that, same with all these pop stars, GARBAGE!!!! Someone should tell these people to pick up an instrument and play.

Quick Reply: Driving Tunes