The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Driving Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Driving Tunes

but Travis Barker is quite possibly the most incredible drummer I've heard in years.
thats who i thought of when he mentioned drumming.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:59 AM

i listen to Eric Clapton, Jimmi Hendrix, Motley Crue, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Megadeth, Metallica, KoRn, Pantera Offspring, and The Misfits.. some other stuff too but mostly punk/rock/metal/hairmetal/southern rock

Old 11-08-2005, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

two words....Death Metal.
word. im always with Lamb of God and Children of Bodom when i drive...others include arch enemy, into eternity, and marduk

I listen to a pretty wide range of music, with a cd collection nearing the 2000 mark.
feh...weak. i just passed the 5000 mark this summer.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Then I hope you listen to 311 (Soundsystem) and Blink 182 (Enema; Mark, Tom & Travis Show; and their new CD). I know you might think I'm kidding, but Travis Barker is quite possibly the most incredible drummer I've heard in years.
I've got mad respect for Travis Barker, and he is one of my favorite drummers. He comes from a purely marching band/drumline background while Carter grew up around jazz with his main influences being drummers like Buddy Rich (definetly one of the greatest drummers of all time). I'm more of a jazz type/syncopated stuff kinda guy then a straight eights kinda guy. But yeah, Travis is frikkin' sick nasty.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

I had almost 5600 songs on my old computer but then it crashed... Thanks Bill Gates!

Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 PM

i listen to rap when i cruise

dmx
snoop dogg
petey pablo
lil flip

anyhting mainly...there are few rock songs that make me wanna cruise

[IMG]local://upfiles/6710/35EDA544D93D40E1A4A0569F11631E4B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM

its great to see we have some dance fans here.

im all about the following:

darude, tiesto, daft punk, paul van dike, sasha, digweed, nin, AFI (worlds biggest afi fan),atb, prodigy, infected mushroom, orion, dj x-dream, john the dentist, and 20 different trance mix vol.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

i listen to anything but : rap & country[:'(]
most infulences are
pink floyd
greatful dead
the orb
morcheeba
portishead

Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Blink 182 (Enema; Mark, Tom & Travis Show; and their new CD). I know you might think I'm kidding, but Travis Barker is quite possibly the most incredible drummer I've heard in years.
Honestly, Travis is the man. I don't like their newer stuff as much as the older stuff though, Dude Ranch and back. Although, I think that the new one "Blink-182" is one of the best rebirths ever, total turn around. A lot of people rag on them about being just a teen pop band but, those guys are definitely really talented. Anyone else looking forward to Tom's new project?

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

darude, tiesto, daft punk, paul van dike, sasha, digweed, nin, AFI (worlds biggest afi fan),atb, prodigy, infected mushroom, orion, dj x-dream, john the dentist, and 20 different trance mix vol.
Darude(saw him live), Tiesto, Daft Punk, Van Dike, AFI, Infect Mushroom... all thumbs up in my book... haven't really heard of most of the other ones, I'll hafta check into em.

When I first got into Daft Punk I was like wait, I've hear this before, and this one... then I realized anytime MTV plays a technoish song in any of their shows it's almost always Daft Punk.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

its great to see we have some dance fans here.

Hell yes. I don't spin it all, but I definitely listen to everything on there (except AFI).

Quick Reply: Driving Tunes