The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Driving Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Default RE: Driving Tunes

I can't believe nobody has said this yet. East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed, FTW.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:36 AM

Phish is my favorite driving music. without a doubt.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

hahaha..forty sounds all crazy, my friend from work listens to all the hard metal rock stuff..i got to admit, it does get you a little hopped up sometimes
oh yea..rap for me all the way with the bass turned right up and the subs hitting hard, or just turn of the raido and listne to whatever, start singing a little

Old 11-07-2005, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Tweekend is quite possibly the greatest driving album ever.
No way dude. Tweekend is the ***** but Legion of Boom is def. better (Weapons of Mass Distortion is the awesome) if you have a hankerin for some Crystal Method, otherwise, throw in some Chemical Brothers or Oakenfold. If you're looking for less poppy techno, go with some Astral Projection or Infected Mushroom.

Anyways, my favorite stuff to listen to when I'm in a "drive fast" mood hasta be techno, makes think about the mischief movies. Other than that, almost anything goes.
Nah. Legion of Boom is less of what TCM is all about, but it's still pretty badass. I do love Weapons of Mass Distortion, but the used Tom Morello on Tweekend, and you just can't touch that. If you compare the overall album to Tweekend or Vegas, it doesn't hold up IMO, since Tweekend is all about breaks/bigbeat (that's the genre you're thinking of when you say "poppy techno.") Chem Bros are also part of the bigbeat genre, and Oakenfold is mostly house/trance. Astral Projection and Infected Mushroom aren't even close; they're Goa/Psytrance, but I love them too. Sorry to sweat the details, but in my spare time I spin breaks, trance, and bigbeat, so genres are important...

Oh, and DMB is for Rednecks and old men.

Just playin'

Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

Is there no end to what can be learned on this forum?! I think The Chemical Bros "Push the Button" is my favorite album in this said, bigbeat genre. But then again, Surrender is chill. I think I like the Chemical Bros better than The Crystal Method. Both fantastic though.

Anyone that wants to check any of this out, get Left-Right by the Chemical Brothers ft. Anwar Superstar. You hip-hoppers will like that too.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

The Now Sounds Of Brazil or Verve Remixed Vol 1 or 2

Old 11-07-2005, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

Phish is my favorite driving music. without a doubt.
I love Phish's version of James Brown singing Hanson's Mmbop. One of funniest things I've heard in a while.

ORIGINAL: Kappa22
Oh, and DMB is for Rednecks and old men.
Haha, you wanna start somethin'? [sm=pcwhack.gif]

Carter Beauford is the man.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

Is there no end to what can be learned on this forum?! I think The Chemical Bros "Push the Button" is my favorite album in this said, bigbeat genre. But then again, Surrender is chill. I think I like the Chemical Bros better than The Crystal Method. Both fantastic though.

Anyone that wants to check any of this out, get Left-Right by the Chemical Brothers ft. Anwar Superstar. You hip-hoppers will like that too.
I'd say I like Push the Button and Dig Your Own Hole about equally... songs like Elektrobank and Get Up On It Like This are just so perfect. And I'm torn between The Crystal Method and The Chemical Brothers, but if I had to pick one, I'd say TCM gets my vote.

And Left-Right is quite possibly the most skillfully produced and smoothest rap/hip hop track I have ever heard, besides maybe Seasons by Cunninlynguists.

And all the DMB fans out there, I'm not tryin' to start anything. You should all know I love making nice inflammatory comments on a regular basis. I do like some of their songs, but they don't hold a candle to Pearl Jam.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:02 PM

Haha, yeah I know you were kidding, but I'd still take Carter Beauford over Matt Chamberlain, Dave Krusen, Dave Abbruzzese, or any of the other like 7 or however many drummers they've had. Don't get me wrong though, I love Pearl Jam, but I tend to look at music from a purely drumming point of view.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM

Then I hope you listen to 311 (Soundsystem) and Blink 182 (Enema; Mark, Tom & Travis Show; and their new CD). I know you might think I'm kidding, but Travis Barker is quite possibly the most incredible drummer I've heard in years.

Quick Reply: Driving Tunes