The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

drag racing claims another victim.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
A girl that I knew from my graduating class and a girl in the class above mine both died in a car accident caused by the girl drunk driving. The other girl was drunk too so it's really both of their fault. I don't feel much sympathy for them either.
damnn brotha you have a very cut and dry view of things.. its not even like i was close with this kid but i still feel bad.

i lost one of my closest friends a month after graduation.. took a bullet to the head for n ounce of pot. would you feel sympathy for someone like that? cause i feel the loss of any life, regardless of the circumstances, is still something tragic

Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ksull
damnn brotha you have a very cut and dry view of things.. its not even like i was close with this kid but i still feel bad.
Honestly, I feel a little sympathy at first but I am quick to remind myself why it happened.

i lost one of my closest friends a month after graduation.. took a bullet to the head for n ounce of pot. would you feel sympathy for someone like that? cause i feel the loss of any life, regardless of the circumstances, is still something tragic
How did it happen? What caused him to be shot? Sorry if these questions are too sensitive.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

he texted me two days before he was shot looking for bud. someone told him this kids name who was sketchy.. one of those white gangster kids who thinks hes the ****. he asked a bunch of us to go with him cause he knew it was sketchy. only 1 other kid went with him.

kid gets in the car sticks a gun to my friends head. says give me everything you got, pulled the trigger. robbed him of 700 dollars and close to n ounce of bud. kid hops a train for kentucky and they arrested him the next day. Andy was his name, dead at 18, just graduated high school and headed to UNH with a scholarship.

Last edited by ksull; 03-26-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Yeah, I feel sympathy for him. While it was not a good idea to buy drugs, the situation he put himself in wasn't in my opinion as obviously dangerous as street racing in traffic or drinking and driving. Also, he didn't kill himself like the other people discussed in the thread, the other kid shot him, which also changes the situation and my viewpoint.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-26-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

yeaa but whats awful is there will always be a stigma attached to his death even tho he was a popular kid with everyone.. i mean everyone liked him. now i didnt know this kid with the 350z well and his death has not affected me nearly as much.. its jus ****ed to think one day your looking at this kids car in the parking lot going what a nasty car. to the next day driving by a splintered tree with his picture on it, broken glass and skid marks all over the road.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM

its jus ****ed to think one day your looking at this kids car in the parking lot going what a nasty car. to the next day driving by a splintered tree with his picture on it, broken glass and skid marks all over the road.
Life happens quickly, It's pretty scary.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
HCF Member

I really feel little pity for drunk drivers.......New Mexico (where i live) is No. #1 in the country...."drunk driver kills ______ "over and over gets sickening....

Man i can't imagine having any of my friends getting shot, I'm so sorry

Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
HCF Member

yeah i dont feel any sympathy for people who make stupid decisions. you decide to race on a public road, you have to know that there is a very good possibility that something is gonna wrong! and they made that chioce knowing that people die doing it every day! and they did it knowing that they could die and they obviously didnt care about the repercussions!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
I really feel little pity for drunk drivers.......New Mexico (where i live) is No. #1 in the country...."drunk driver kills ______ "over and over gets sickening....

Man i can't imagine having any of my friends getting shot, I'm so sorry
thanks brotha.. i think about him everyday. after he was shot they took his phone and interviewed all of us for hours. the local police then took it upon themselves to follow me around nearly everywhere. theyd follow me home from my girlfriends house at like 3am was awful.. went on for months.

anyways heres a little article about him
http://www.groundreport.com/US/Mark-...Colwell-Murder

Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow, you guys are kind of messed up. I've heard several of you talk about how you used to street race, and I know almost all of you probably have, at least once or twice. So, with this said, do all of you deserve to die, because of one stupid decision? Do you think the person's family deserves all of what they are going through, because of one stupid decision? I'm sure we've all done dumb **** before. and I don't think anyone deserves to die, for making a choice, without using their head.

Also, I'm sure alot of you have buddies who tell you about racing, or a car they just smoked. Now, if it's your own friend, do you think he/she deserves to die?

Last edited by jwmm04; 03-27-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: drag racing claims another victim.