The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DMV

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM
HCF Member
Default DMV

The dmv sux. This is the second time I went down to the DMV to renew my license. I thought if I got there right when it opened there wouldn't be a huge line. Nope I was wrong 8:00 on a Friday every parking spot was taken up, and a line going out the f'ing door. I guess I'm going to have to go monday with my ipod and book or something and just wade it out.

So my license ended on the 9th of Febuary, how much trouble can I get in for haveing an expired license? I'm hopeing just a warning.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DMV

That's gotta suck, i went in at 11am on a thursday. walked in, got my number then went right to the counter, was in and out in 10 minutes, would have been less but the girl was being trained.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

i renew my license online you can give it a try or cant just call em up for a appointment?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

you can do that? But don't they need to take your picture?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

no they just use your old pic or previous pic from other license

Old 02-29-2008, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

The DMV sucks, everyone knows that. If you don't want to wait in line, go on a Wed at like 3PM. If you go in the morning then you are going to run into problems. Go in the afternoon on a weekday and the rush should be less. At least thats how it is at my local DMV.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

huh... my logic was that there would be less people in the morning beforeveryone gets into their routine.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

huh... my logic was that there would be less people in the morning beforeveryone gets into their routine.
Nope, afternoon when everyone has finished their routine . Same reason why the best day of the week to rent movies is aparently a Tuesday

Old 02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

just make an appointment online..thats what ive done and my mom has done...for my local dmv if you have an appointment they move you to the front of the line at that time..its perfect.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

another thing NEVER TRY the mid way or last few days of the month! thats when peoples stuff usualy MUST BE renewed...... people always put it off till the last few days and then everyone stays in line because they have to.... been their done that... will probably do it again. LMFAO

in the morning when they open is when MOST people go thicking the same thing you did.lol you just didnt get their early enough. ya gotta get their at least 1/2hour early!

not sure about expired liscence tho...... but im sure they will at least charge ya a late fee!!!! they charged me a dam late fee for when i got the title switched over on my 94civic because the guy dated the title and it was over 30days by like... 2-3days TOTAL BS fee!!!!!!

Quick Reply: DMV