The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Dirty cop of the week award goes to.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 AM
HCF Member
Default Dirty cop of the week award goes to.....

Ok, yesterday I'm coming to a 3-way (stop sign) intersection. I'm facing south going straight ahead, a cop is facing east with his left blinker on. Note he arrived at the intersection and came to a complete stop about 2 seconds before me so I'm waiting for him to go. First to stop, first to go, right?.... WRONG! He will not go. So I then wave him on... He refuses to go, he instead waves me on. I'm like, I know what you're doing... So as soon as I go through the intersection, sure enough, he changes his blinker from the left indicator to the right to get in behind me and immediately throws his lights on. I have my seatbelt on, driving under the limit, tag's good, everything... absolutely nothing to pull me over for. So I pull over he gets in behind me. He stays back there for about 10 seconds then pulls up next to me with his window down and says, "Disregard." [:@] He took a kind gesture as an opporunity to prejudge and harass someone. I guess he just knew he was going to find something to harrass me about, but no punk everything is legit. Now drive on to Krispy Kreme and eat yourself into oblivion you low-class chump. It's cops like this that give others a bad rep. [:@]

Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dirty cop of the week award goes to.....

Eh, if he wanted to write u a ticket he could have. Sounds to me like he got a call or something more important than stopping you. Cops arent a$$holes for writing tickets, people who F around and disrespect EARN the tickets. I have been pulled over many times, ive been written like 3 tickets in 5 years, and i do not drive slow. Just dont be a jerkoff when u get stopped.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 AM

most of the time they are not mean at all
they are usually helpful in most cases
in the cases that i have been in they have been very helpful

Old 11-21-2005, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

I have pre-paid legal now, so if he would have written me a ticket it would have been a fabricated accusation and I would have fought it. I have never disrespected a cop in my life, I am always polite to them. The stop was not justified no matter how you look at it. He was looking to harass me for whatever ridiculous reason he had and I have no respect for cops who abuse their authority in that manner... If he would have given me a ticket that day, it would not have been earned... Now if I would have fought it, he was found to be a liar, and he was in some way disciplined for it, that would have been earned...

Old 11-21-2005, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gili_91hatch

most of the time they are not mean at all
they are usually helpful in most cases
in the cases that i have been in they have been very helpful
I agree, but I have expereinced plenty who have nothing better to do than harrass people. It's not that they are cops, it's that they are people of low character...

Old 11-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Sounds like he is just pretecting and serving. Or, maybe he was just bored and wanted to give a kid a hard time. Sometimes I am sure they just do it for the hell of it.

Nick

Old 11-21-2005, 06:20 PM

A lot of times, cops have been very helpful for me. One time I was driving home and a man in his 40's almost ran me off the road. Then followed me for about 45 mins. The cops didnt hesitate at all. They told me to meet them at a specified place. The guy followed me, and once he saw them he took off. Luckily I had gotten the license plate number. They helped a lot then.
However, a few weeks ago, my parents were fighting and my stepdad was spending the night at a friends house. One guys car broke down, so they went to meet him and help him. Cops came, and the guy driving (the broken car) got a DUI. Then they ASSUMED my stepdad was drunk, never breathalized him, but arrested him. (my stepdad has never been into any trouble in his life, and he wasnt sure wat to do). My mom finally called the jail the next night, found out he was there. We bailed him out, and he had a court date. He went to court, and found out the cop didnt even press charges on him. They were holding him for no reason.
I think it just depends on the officer.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 PM

Yeah it sounds like Jake was being harrassed though. . .

Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

It sounds like to me that he got a call that possibly matched the description of your car. And then read your plates and came up to you to tell you he made a boo boo.