The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Death to Dell computers!!!11!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Default Death to Dell computers!!!11!

well 4 days ago my girlfriends comptuer crashed and would only load the blue screen of death.... i had just got back from visiting home, and my first thoiught when she told me was "and you want me to do what?" well i decided that i was going to change the bios settings to boot off of my windows CD to format the harddrive and reload windows... welcome to the wonderful world of dells where you can't get into the BIOS settings[:@][:'(]... so i literally had to break her case to get the hard drive out. I removed the hard drive from her computer hooked it up to my computer as a slave drive, got the drive to work. i then preceeded to back up the "important" information... god a DVD/RW drive would have been nice(took 5 CD's[:@])hooked it back to her computer to see if it would work... no go. formatted it from my computer. I then had to pull out my hard drive and set hers to the primary drive, and reinstalled windows... thought i was clear from there...still a no go. i then proceeded to set the drive as a slave on her computer to force it to boot off of the CD drive, i had to reformat the drive twice to get windows to load back on.
well after 2 days of working on the damed thing i got it to work again, upgraded her to XP Pro, cause i thought it was the only copy we had... turns out she had her own copy of XP Home, oh well Pro is better. her case is now broken, and after all this she appreciated that i fixed her computer, but gralled at me for not backing up her sisters information(who hasnt used the computer in 2½ years), but i got her to realise that her sister is SOL..

well just thought i would rant as to why i was not here that much the past 3 days.. and to mention how much i hate dell computers... and still say that the only good PC is a hand built one.

i reread this before posting and realized that only the computer people may understand half of what i said lol

Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Death to Dell computers!!!11!

Dell computers aren't upgrade/troubleshooting friendly. Everything has to be Dell certified, I feel your pain my Dad had one.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Stinky Administrator

never had a dell i have a hp pavilion a1230n with a amd athlon 64 3900+ if i had that problem fiirkan i would have killed it lol

Old 04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

i almost did kill it....

Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Stinky Administrator

hahaha i have a hammer you can borrow lol

Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

nah that's ok.. i have on ontop of my fridge that i would have used , the only thing that kept me from killing it was the fact that my girlfriend would be using my computer all the time... bad enough that she wants to drive my car... [:'(]

Old 04-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Stinky Administrator

oh noooooooooooooooooooooo not the car lol

Old 04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

My girl keeps dropping laptop on the floor. She doesn't have permission to drive the car.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

get a mac. lol.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

i would if i had the money... but the money would get spent on my car first lol, that and i am a gamer, and all my games wont run on a mac[:'(], i may still get a mac someday when i get arround to it

Quick Reply: Death to Dell computers!!!11!