The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DCX SRT Mule shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Administrator
Default RE: DCX SRT Mule shots

i hope so, but it seems that the prices are getting so ridiculous for an american built performance car that will get out of its own way...i have always disagreed with how dodge prices the viper, and i fear that the challenger may follow, but im hoping that allforsrt is right with his estimate of $19,000...i wouldnt even have to finance that...

Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

The question I have is. Is there slated to be a lower level V6 model?

Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

The question I have is. Is there slated to be a lower level V6 model?
You mean is there gonna be a panzy version.... *cough mustang v6 cough*

Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

you look at it as a panzy model I look at it as a model a person can buy and swap in a built/boosted engine.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

i dont want to have to swap in an engine...you shouldnt need to do so in a performance car...

and i read SO much on the internet about "swap and boost" this and that..its dumb...most people have no idea how much work actually goes into changing a motor, let alone adding forced induction to a stock NA engine and tuning..

as for the challenger, there are so many rumors, nothing is set yet, except that it will have the 6.1L V8...

Old 08-08-2006, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

I'd about say they need to release one with a V6

Old 08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

you look at it as a panzy model I look at it as a model a person can buy and swap in a built/boosted engine.
The fact is that most of the V6 models will have built/boosted engines swapped in. Its similar to the civic. How many civics actually have swaps in them? Yea we talk alot about swaps but when you actually look at it most of the civics on the road are not swapped. Its the same with the V6 mustang (or similar cars). Most people that buy a V6 mustang don't buy it for performance, they buy it to look cool. If you want performance you get the V8 model. Wouldn't it be hella easier to buy a V8 and pull the engine and rebuild it or boost it? That way you don't have to mess with any wiring, motor mounts, fitment issues. I'll agree with you that they have to release a V6 model but that its because the V6 version is going to sell more units than the V8. Looking at it as a gearhead, i don't see any point to a V6 muscle car. Makes a lot sense if you look at it from a buisness perspective.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

See it lets people with less money get the car and have the ability to mod/swap it. Most of your core consumers or let me say would be core consumers of products like the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger meaning the people who buy them to use em as they were ment to be used simply can not afford a car that is $40k to take home and void the warrenty. That is why the SRT4 was all so popular and why civics are popular among tuners and go fast guys. You can buy them cheap.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 PM

you look at it as a panzy model I look at it as a model a person can RENT
lol Sorry V6 Mustangs are rental cars to me. Excluding the GT-H. lol

But back to get on topic, the Viper V10 while it may be old technolgy, when was it ever considered "new"? Alot of you guys arent true Viper people I can tell. So let me give you a little lesson on the Viper. It was Never meant to be a technoligical marvel. I believe Bob Lutz (and correct me if im wrong here Patrick) coined the term "Yestertech" Which the viper was suppose to represent.

Its meant to harp back to the times when sports cars were really just about going fast, and to hell with the gadgets. I want the engine heat to seep through the plastic dash board so hot, that it burns my face as i push the car harder and harder every lap. I want the smell of the melting dash bits to stick to my clothes like expensive cologne. I want 90 percent of 525 lbft of tq available to me from 1500- to just under redline. Traction Control? WTF? NO WAY!!!! Myself and my 13inch wide rims sitting on 345 series tires are the only thing i want having a say in where my car is on the road. You want a tamed german shepard watchdog? Go get the Z06. You want a food deprived angry wolf? Go get a Viper. End Of Story.

The Z06 might be able to beat it in a straight line, 0-60 (Vipers gearing kills it) or in the 1/4 mile, but if thats the only reason you want a sports car please go buy the Vette. Go have fun in your daily driver, you can drive it comfortably for miles. However if you think GM just dropped a nuke, your wrong as the Viper will handle the Z06 with ease out on the race track. where TRUE sports cars are meant to be driven.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

What does the Viper run the Nurmburgring in?

I am sorry but I do think it is at 8 plus minutes, hell I know it is and the Vette is knocking on 7:40's with the Z06. I'm sorry but the vette wins on a track to. But it has allready been said even by the biggest dodge guy on the forum that the new Z06 out does the Viper.

Quick Reply: DCX SRT Mule shots