The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DCX SRT Mule shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: DCX SRT Mule shots

dodge is making the same power out of the hemi, its just not a production engine yet...

the V10 is a marketing move, because some people like being able to claim that their 93 viper (which is a 13 second car) is a supercar because it has a lambo-built V10...i really dont see why the engine size is a big deal..the FQ400 makes the same amount of power as the LS2 models, with a 4 cylinder...

my 340 makes more power than an LS2, LS1, or LT1...but i dont talk trash on GM guys by saying "my engine is smaller than yours and it makes comparable power"...i tend to stick to "my car is big and old, it runs on 87 octane, and still beat you.."

if not their products, why is GM having money issues? their only profitable division is GMAC financing...

Old 08-08-2006, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

They money issue's come from unions and still paying their retired employs better than alot of auto companies pay the people for still working for them. And dont throw up the FQ400 not because I think it is a better or worse car it is because it is a totally different class of car than what we are talking about. Sure your 340 may make from what you say 400+ crank hp but old Chevy DZ302's made around 375 with nothing other than a carb/intake upgrade. I am not disputing the fact that dodge engines can make power because it is well known that they can what I am saying is that a damn V10 should make more power, a 8.3 at that. The fact of the matter is this, the Z06 while having a smaller engine, costing alot less, and a overall better design than the Viper. Plus it has one thing the Viper dont have and that is history, it is a American legend and is constantly building on it.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

Arent they sending the viper over here so our boys at mclaren can make it into something special?
Saw a top gear with Z06 on, fantastic (if not simple) engine. the thing pulled from a standstill to its top speed in 6th gear. Just a shame the gear box was like that of an old tractors. Or so they said.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator

McLaren had a hand in the engine design of the ASC diamondback, but that is not a production model...

and while i can appreciate the "history" of the corvette, lets be honest, there were some CRAPPY vettes made..ask any L48 owners. what did the DZ302 come in? the camaro? keep something in mind with my motor..im running below stock rods and pistons...so my only mods are the headers, a carb, and an intake...imagine if i had rings that werent 12 years old, and 8.5 to 1 pistons...

Old 08-08-2006, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Plus it has one thing the Viper dont have and that is history, it is a American legend and is constantly building on it.
That is a point that i was going to make earlier but i forgot. The Corvette has been around for over 50 years and the Viper will never be able to beat out the Corvette in that department. The Corvette is now and will always be an American classic and nothing Dodge can do will change that. When i look at the Corvette i see the whole Vette line up, all the old muscle cars. The Corvette is perhaps the only car i like in the GM line up and that is one of the biggest reason, the history that it drags with it.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: uk civhead
Saw a top gear with Z06 on, fantastic (if not simple) engine. the thing pulled from a standstill to its top speed in 6th gear.
It was 0-150 in 5th gear.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Administrator

so using that logic..dodge has been making trucks since they were invented...thus making them the best vehicle ever built...

and before anyone argues with me, ford was the first to sell a "truck", but they were built by the dodge brothers, who then branched out and built their own trucks...

Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

The Z06 is a better all around car, it just needs to be tuned a bit out of the box. It's weakest link is the suspension.

By "better" I mean best bang for your buck along with other factors.

I'm liking that srt-4 caliber.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Administrator

well, there is no question that the Z06 is better than the current viper...but when youre buying an ultra high performance car, i think that people are focusing too much on the price...the current Z06 does offer more bang for the buck than the current viper, but regardless of what engine is in the next viper, you can bet that theyre not going to allow the z06 to go untouched.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

Well I will settle this. Let us be happy that 2 American companies are beefing up into the supercar area with cars that are both under $100k and mass produced. Yea know the great thing that is starting to really happen now is a 3 way American muscle car and super car battle. The Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, Ford GT(which is w/o a doubt a joke for what you pay), Viper and Vette. This is a good time to be a Dodge, Chevy, or Ford fan as they are finally stepping back up after a large absent spell. GM will pull through it's money troubles that is a no brainer, Dodge bropught itself from a long bs spell of anemic cars, and Ford.......well atleast they are selling cars lol. I am a GM fan but I also have alot of respect for Mopar but my respect for Mopar comes in form of the Cuda and it's other pony cars with 426's and mass tq. I am also one of the few true SRT4 fans. I think this is all working in our meaning car guys and girls favor.

Quick Reply: DCX SRT Mule shots