The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DCX SRT Mule shots

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Default DCX SRT Mule shots

Well Patrick I got some more mule shots you are probably already aware of.

I guess we will start out with the most intresting:

The Gen II SRT 6._ Motor.

The Gen II powertrain SRT GC

The 08 Z06 killing Viper lol

and last but not least the 07 SRT4

Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Default RE: DCX SRT Mule shots

If you get could get me an interior shot of the 08 test mule, it would be MUCH appreciated

Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AllForSRT

The 08 Z06 killing Viper lol

LMAO and it only takes 2 more cyl and I'd say around $40k more to beat it. That's ok the Blue Devil is coming.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

The viper can never kill the new Z06 b/c even if the viper wins on the track the Z06 is still the better car.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 AM

True, and it only took GM 12 years to catch the Viper...

Look at any magazine review, all the times are a few tenths off one another, and the Viper has always been the clear dominant track car (even when compared to the Ford GT). If your not looking for a race car for the street, go ahead get the Z06. Not to mention Viper has more character anyway imo. and the gawk factor hands down goes to the viper.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

Sure the viper is nice, but I think the gawk factor also has something to do with the fact that its rare to see one. If there werent many vettes around Im sure theyd have just as much of a gawk factor.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 PM

they sell more vettes every 6 months than they have vipers since they started producing them. thats why people turn their heads when they see them, even me occasionally. but marty is right the blue devil is coming

Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AllForSRT

True, and it only took GM 12 years to catch the Viper...

Look at any magazine review, all the times are a few tenths off one another, and the Viper has always been the clear dominant track car (even when compared to the Ford GT). If your not looking for a race car for the street, go ahead get the Z06. Not to mention Viper has more character anyway imo. and the gawk factor hands down goes to the viper.
It took GM 12 years but they beat the living **** out of the Viper and cars more expensive than the Viper. The only reason that the Viper has a gawk facter is because of the sticker price. To me a fraction of a second does not matter. The Z06 is the dominant car in its price and power class. If i was looking for a track car, i would get a Z06 b/c it is much cheaper than all of its competition. I remember reading a Viper vs Z06 vs GT comparison and as i remember it the Viper only won a 2 or 3 of the races.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

listen, there is no point in bringing up the price or the number of cylinders (especially the numbers of cylinders..thats an argument my mother would make)...the current Z06 is FINALLY better than the viper...GM has finally made a car to compete, and they wisely didnt price it as high as the viper. Real world tests have shown that the srt-10 viper is only a little slower than the Z06, but the Z06 deserves its day in the sun, as it is one bad *** car...however, people should know that DCX isnt going to sit by and let the viper ride at number 2 in the US, and as for the ford GT and the GT500, they are both jokes. SO we will have to wait and see what dodge does with the new viper, and until then the Z06 is the faster car...however, lets not start the fanboi crap about "GMs superior quality"...there is a reason that they are going bankrupt...

however, like the new viper, the blue devil is strictly a rumored vehicle..if the rumors prove to be true, it will be a badass car, but if you need to compare something from DCX the Viper CC is more than willing to step up against anything that GM has made in the last 40 years, including the C5R.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

GM is not having money issues because of bad products. Also I am not against Dodge but like I have said before I think the Viper is a let down for the money. I will give it one thing though, it is a great looking car and it is fact fast. What gave it the wow factor when it came out has lost it's muster now. Dodge handicapped themselves by using that V10 because it speaks more about the abilities of a company to do more with less and I know dodge could make the same power out of a new Hemi.

Quick Reply: DCX SRT Mule shots