The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DAMNIT!! eBay pisses me off sometimes...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 PM
HCF Member
Default DAMNIT!! eBay pisses me off sometimes...

yeah as i said eBay pisses me off when it comes to the auctioning, the buy it now is cool.. i was just in the bidding battle for the past damn 3 hours against someone for a black JDM gauge cluster, (see picture) i was winning the auction or 6 days, i had it at $1US, then we eventually got up to $15.50US and i was winning till the last 15 god damn second the ****er out bid me, he won it at $22.50.... i hope the damned thing doesn't work for him, this was the cheepest cluster with a tach i have found to date. all the other JDM ones are white faced gauges and i do'nt like them... well enough of this i just needed to vent cause i really wanted that gauge cluster

[IMG]local://upfiles/6733/8A671DE85DE34292ABD74D3E6E44CAB7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Default RE: DAMNIT!! eBay pisses me off sometimes...

that sucks, i know how it feels, i was in a battle over a vtec solenoid for $20. then the bastard won it for $5 more because i couldn't bid cuz i had to go to work

Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

On a lighter note i found another one, not JDM though, but that is ok, cause the JDM one only goes to 180km/hri found anotehr one from here in canada that is a little more then the other one, and the good thing about the Canadian ones is that they go to 220km/hr.

note the lesson has been learned and i shall watch this one like a hawk, and bid at the last second lol... scratch that.. the auction ends when i am at work[:@]...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

you can report them for that

Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

i always put in a max bid of what im willing to pay right off the bat. if i get it cool im willing to pay.......if not thats cool too.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

thats the safe way^^ Too many times ive waited til the last second and not bid high enough

Old 07-24-2006, 10:51 PM

I was bidding on an ex tranny that had a buy it now for 200 dollars. but i was foolish to bid on it rather than just buying it. It sold for 350. I could have just bought it for 200 and be a happy camper. Im still in need of an ex tranny. Oh well the searc continues.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 PM

lol thats how bidding goes..i had a bidding battle over my wheels, guess i got lucky and won the bid within the last couple seconds. glad i did, i love my wheels

Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 PM
HCF Member

usualy when ppl win it at the last seconds they either have a proxy bid in or they just bid at the last second so you dont have time to out bid them.

proxy bid: hidden from other bidders, you set it as high as you want and then if some1 bids then if your proxy is higher it will automaticly bid for you until it gets to what you set as your proxy bid. Example: item is at $5. you have a proxy bid in for $50 because that is the most that you will pay for it. The bidding stays at $5 and you are the highest bidder. Someone bids $5.50 on it and they still get out bidded by your proxy and it will go up to $6, you are still the highest bidder.

Sorry if thats hard to understand but thats my explanation.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:22 PM

I am one of those last second bastards.

Here is my strat: I open 2 windows with the item i am going to be bidding on. In one window, I enter the MAX amount of money i would be willing to pay for the item and get it to the last stage where all you have to do is press confirm to complete the bid. In my other window, I keep refreshing the page. In the final 15 or so seconds i switch to my other window i have open and hit the confirm button which places my bid. It works because you dont get into any bid battles and if someone just has a really high max bid(which in most cases they dont) your not out anything because you werent willing to pay more than that in the first place.

That usually works for me.

Quick Reply: DAMNIT!! eBay pisses me off sometimes...