The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cowboys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Ben
Default Cowboys!

I'm from Texas, and am a big Cowboys fan....but we're not doing very hot lately Anyone else here for the boys in silver and blue? Romo's had a bad couple of games, but when T.O. gets back I think they can defeat the patriots if they play hard enough....Cowboys will be in the superbowl, you can bet your *** on that one

Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cowboys!

I don't see the Cowboys beating the Patriots. The Patriots always find a way to win. The Redskins are playing very well as well. The Packers are also a very good team. The only reason they lost the Cowboys the first time is that Favre fell apart. If Farve doesn't fall apart in the playoffs they have a good chance at the superbowl. At Favre's age, this might be his last shot at the SuperBowl and he isn't going to go without a fight. I don't think the Cowboys are a shoe in for the SuperBowl just yet. There is still alot of football to be played.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

Well imo i dont think the cowboys are going to make it either cause 1 the packers dont want to play in Green Bay at this time of the year, that the only reason why they lost to Dallas earlier this year cause they knew they were going to playing them again in the playoffs. 2 Romo hasnt been that good lately either. if anybody it will green bay and New england..Sorry San Diego I know u need a super bowl win just took to long in the season to get things turned around but hey who knows if they make it I will jump for joy. Seeing as there playing Ten. and then either New England or Indy. I just dont like those odds in the 2nd round. And I will never ever ever route for the boys ever. Ive pissed off a lot of texans by saying the "Cowboys suck aZZ."

Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

I'm with you Ben. Romo didn't really play much of last game since they had already guaranteed homefield advantage. it really didn't count for anything, not to mention TO has been out and will be back for playoffs. I don't know for sure that they are a shoo in to the Super Bowl, but I do think that they are one of the top 3 teams.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

i'm an eagles fan so that pretty much makes me hate you.... my sworn enemy... ps, we beat you... and we suck

Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Ben

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

I don't see the Cowboys beating the Patriots. The Patriots always find a way to win. The Redskins are playing very well as well. The Packers are also a very good team. The only reason they lost the Cowboys the first time is that Favre fell apart. If Farve doesn't fall apart in the playoffs they have a good chance at the superbowl. At Favre's age, this might be his last shot at the SuperBowl and he isn't going to go without a fight. I don't think the Cowboys are a shoe in for the SuperBowl just yet. There is still alot of football to be played.
The packers didn't lose because of Favre, the backup qb played better than he was before his elbow got hurt. Thats undisputed, sports center was bagging on him because his backup qb showed him up...and if anything favre getting hurt helped the packers get closer to the cowboys in that game.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: mcmichael13

i'm an eagles fan so that pretty much makes me hate you.... my sworn enemy... ps, we beat you... and we suck
Preach it brotha'

<-- Eagles fan since I knew what football was. I hate both teams, but I hate Dallas more.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Ben

The packers didn't lose because of Favre, the backup qb played better than he was before his elbow got hurt. Thats undisputed, sports center was bagging on him because his backup qb showed him up...and if anything favre getting hurt helped the packers get closer to the cowboys in that game.
If you look at the Packer's losses this season to the Bears you will see that it was Favre that lost the game for them. In the first game (at Lambo), Favre completly fell apart. He was throwin picks all over the place and he was innaccurate and taking some really bad risks throwing the ball. The second win can be attributed to the weather in Chicago that Sunday but the Bears did play a very good game. Again, Favre wasn't throwing the ball well but that wasn't the whole reason since Green Bay's special teams were playing like ****. If its Dallas vs Green Bay, the weather won't be a factor since Dallas has home field throughout. That might help Green Bay since they played like absolute crap in Chicago when the weather was bad and the weather is worse up in Green Bay.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

thats why farve was playing like crap during that game in dallas they didnt home field advantage throughout the playoffs. play where at least 40s to 50's instead of below 0 temp most of the time in the winter.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Ben

I'll admit, some of the games with the cowboys scared me....I mean the lions should have won except romo had a fire lit under him like twenty seconds until the end. The cowboys wont advance if Romo and T.O. don't get back in a groove...Witten can't do everything himself and it seems like the line is slacking off as well. But, if Romo comes out on target and Owens is all hands...cowboys all the way

Quick Reply: Cowboys!