The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Are cops allowed to be on private property??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Are cops allowed to be on private property??

Will do!!!! I'm gonna wait about another week to elect a court date. Then delay it to avoid all chances of him showing up to be on the safe side...It prolly wont be a for a while. But thanks for you insights and comments!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

go to court & fight it , if you lucky there will be a special on donuts that day & he wont show up

Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

Cops are not allowed to park in private property. Cops are not really even allowed to park in a business unless they have permission from the owner. The only way a cop can park in private property is if the owner has a problem with people speeding past their house/business and give the cops permission to sit there. Cops do it all the time, they park in people driveways and pull people over.

Cops are not honest, how many of them run lights, don't use turn signals, turn their lights on just to get through an intersection. How many sit in a parking lot side by side talking for hours instead working.

The best part is when you watch COPS on tv and the camera angle points inside the car toward the laptop and you see Solitare on the screen.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

^ thats true sometimes. No joke, my mom once (before I was born) told a cop to get the "hell" out of her driveway, the guy just rolled up the window and drove off. Not saying anyone should do this cause im sure if you mess with the wrong cop he'll stun you.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:56 AM
HCF Member

Man, of all the times I've been pulled over, especially for "running stop signs" I've only gotten one 50 dollar ticket.

Though I have like 15 written warnings floating around somewhere.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
HCF Member

^ warnings FTW!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Man, of all the times I've been pulled over, especially for "running stop signs" I've only gotten one 50 dollar ticket.

Nice. BTW I don't even think that you get any points for running a stop sign. It's a pretty minor violation.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM

side note, in the majority of states, the town/state owns 10ft from the curb line into private property, so where that cop was sitting, is perfectly fine

also, what most people consider a "stop" at a stop sign, is not a complete stop like you are supposed to make. your vehicle should come to a complete and full stop for at least 1 second before proceeding through the intersection... not sort of stop and go (aka rolling stop) like 90% of people make

Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Thefbomb13

If you go you automatically get half the ticket off
No you don't.

ORIGINAL: Pete

Hes a cop, so hes somewhat honest. Hes not going to write u for running a stop sign if you didnt do it.
Apparently the cops in your town aren't like the ones in mine...

Good luck ian.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

I got pulled over for running a stop sign about 2 hours after I got pulled over in the town next to mine going 18 over. . I got the ticket for the first one even after saying my mom was a cop and it was homecoming night .. but the second one the cop didnt believe my mom was a cop cuz we have two different last names and made me go home and he followed me. Made me wake my mom up at 3 in the morning just to tell the cop she was my mom.. but at least i didnt get another ticket for that one.. ( the ticket for going 18 over got dismissed .. i got that hook-up)

Quick Reply: Are cops allowed to be on private property??