The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Common Human Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Common Human Issues

Personally I know i suffer from some form of depression, I sit alone in my room all night when i get off work, i wouldn't be able to tell you the last time i actually went out and did something with people. Depression and alcoholism both run in my family. I do drink, but i wouldn't classify it as a big problem... more of a habit, 2-3 beer a day basically. My major problem.. is sleep. It takes me forever to get to sleep. so i take Valerian root to help. it helps from time to time, it even helps with relaxing as well. Now the thing with me, i refuse to take prescription drugs for it, cause everyone i know that has taken some form of antidepressant has basically been zombified by them. and sleep aids become dependent. so screw those

Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

You should get yourself checked man, I did and Ive never felt like such a weight lifted off in my whole life. I feel happier but im still depressed for no reason....I mean I got it good, why am I not happy. My fiance tells me that and I just tell her that I know I got it good with life, Im just not happy....Ive never been my whole life
Wow.. Now that you mention that, it reminds me of how I am too, but.. I tried to ignore it. I -had- it good, I had a wonderful girlfriend for two years, then a year ago.. The whole not happy thing really got to me, and I made a huge mistake and ended up cheating on her, when it happened I knew I made a horrible mistake, and I lied to her for a year, and finally told her, and it hurt me alot, because I knew I had to be honest with her, and she left me.. I didn't blame her, but now I realize she made me happy, and I really miss the great memories and times I shared with her. I've had alot of instances where i'm just not satisfied.. Or, if I am, its only for a short period of time.. Like, last year, my grandpa got me an exhaust, and intake for my old Cobalt SS. Sure, I was happy as hell for the time being, then after awhile.. Eh, I wasn't. And I kind of wanted more, in a sense. But, I really ****ed things up with my Ex, and she broke it off with me about a little over 2 months, ago.. 3 days after our 2 year anniversary. Its been a rough 2 months for me, living up to my mistakes and such, but i'm trying my best to not beat myself up over it, and move on.

Yeah, I guess you can call it Germaphobia :P. I don't think its germs that I don't like, just the feeling of greesy fingers, and whatnot. I use a fork for just about everything too, and if not a fork. I use a paper towel, like.. For pizza and stuff, to touch it, instead of using my hands to make contact.

Mr Mobsta Man: Yeah.. Girls are mysterious creatures, we'll never understand why they do stuff, or they're reasoning.. You just have to get out there, and find the right girl man, thats all there is to it.. You can't let one bad experience hold you back, you have to obtain the knowledge from the experience, and learn from it, and apply it to your next girlfriend, or instance. I've learned that alot in life, theres no sense in moping around, it won't solve anything.. It'll only tear you apart and ruin your life, thats why you have to get back up, and get back in the game, in a sense. Knowledge is power, life is all about making mistakes, and learning from them.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Cat Fuсker

Depression....yes.....when was the last time you got out to the woods or something? Went fishing? I was diagnosed with that **** and prescribed meds....the meds only made me feel funny.... all I needed was letting go of normal life for a day....

Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

Depression....yes.....when was the last time you got out to the woods or something? Went fishing? I was diagnosed with that **** and prescribed meds....the meds only made me feel funny.... all I needed was letting go of normal life for a day....
That's exactly what i need as well, the problem with me though is that it's the winter, and in the winter all my activities i enjoy i can't do, drives just are the same when you are cursing an swearing all the time from the snow and other drivers, i can't go fishing, or anything of the sort.

my new years resolution basically has been to get out and do the things i enjoy, just get out more, doesn't matter what i do or if i am with anyone... just do it.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 PM
HCF Member

Although I've never been clinically diagnosed I know that I've suffered from some form of depression off and on for the last 8 years. It runs in my family (as does alcoholism), but I never sought professional help (which I'm sure I could have used it). I'm also a recovering self-mutilator. I've been in "recovery" with that for nearly 2 1/2 years. I hit rock bottom when my Ex boyfriend left me 2 1/2 years ago ( I had been cutting myself for 5 or 6 years at that point, but that wasn't the reason he left me.) I'm proud to say that I no longer have the urge to harm myself when I'm depressed. During the time that all of that was going on I also abused Vicodin for a brief period of time.

I never once used anti depressants try and make myself feel "normal", I dealt with it on my own. I don't recommend that to anyone, but I can honestly say that I've never felt more level headed than I do now.

I do have a bit of Anger management issues though.......I have a tendancy to punch inadimate objects (or kick my car) when I get pissed.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Personally I know i suffer from some form of depression, I sit alone in my room all night when i get off work, i wouldn't be able to tell you the last time i actually went out and did something with people.
Unfortunetly, I have times when im like this also. People call me and say, hey lets go out and stay at whoevers house and drink alittle. I mean yea probly something I should do and go out with friends, but there are times when I just want to be alone and not do anything. Probly something I should tell my therapist. Another type of sleep aid Fiirkan is Melatonin. Look it up. My mom uses it because shes up most of the night working and has trouble shutting her head down, it really helps personally. Its been said to give you nightmares though, and ive experienced them everytime I take them, but my mom doesnt. So you should look into it

Try. -"I do have a bit of Anger management issues though.......I have a tendancy to punch inadimate objects (or kick my car) when I get pissed."Yea me too. I used to use a punching bag bare knuckles and wouldnt stop till I besically hit bone. Knuckles used to get really messed up and bloody off it, wasnt a leather punching bag either. I did this when my ex left me (who also was the type to cut herself and stuff) and cheated on me, I started using the punching bag. Havnt used it since. I should probly get it back up, would be a good anger reliever. Im glad she cheated on me though, and how everything happened the way it did because I wouldnt have the girl I have now. You need to get back out there Try and youll find another. I thought for a long time I wouldnt ever be in love again with someone as much as I felt for her, and I was wrong. Im completely in love with my fiance, and going to try my hardest to keep her by me and try and learn from the mistakes ive made throughout life

Old 01-05-2008, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

I have never got it check out before because I don't want to, but I suffer from depression a lot, I think more now then ever because of a a lot of stuff, I'm stuck in a rut, I cant figure out what to do with my life, what direction to go in,job..ect. Also thinking about how f*cked up this word is, it blows my mind.I feel like I should be living a totally different life then what I am type of thing. Also I'm a clean freak, everyone around me knows it, and can see it since I was a little kid, everything always have to be neat, I hardly touch food as well, I try not to be so **** about it, but its hard not to. Sometimes its really bad,but most of the time I can control it, keep my mind busy, do things I like to do, thinking about my future and what to do.I have agreat relationship with my parents as well.Something I do to chill out is smoke weed. BTW, dont think you (and me)are the only ones, a lot of the population suffer from Depression, a quick search and you can find all the statistics..

Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

Something I do to chill out is smoke weed. BTW, dont think you (and me)are the only ones, a lot of the population suffer from Depression, a quick search and you can find all the statistics..
I used to smoke so much a year and two ago for awhile. Then I smoked a bowl with my parents home, got some insense and put it up to cover it while I smoke and play video games. By the way, Oblivion is the trippiest thing to play when your on something, I swear. Well I was packing another one and completely forgot the insense was out, and well they smelled it and found everything. Since then, ive besically been off it. I had to stop though, parents were drug testing me randomly and it was getting annoying, I could of lost everything theyve given to me. Means no car for me and no trust. I just smoke stogies now and they know about that. I have sucidial indetions too (means I think about suicide). Usually happens when I have mixed emotions and im really stressed out. Ill be driving on a road thinking about what if I just swerve to this next lane or hit this tree or anything. I dont know if anyone else thinks about stuff like that but, ive had my moments that were close, but ive overcomed a lot of them. And yea Mills, millions of people have it. I cant remember the number, but it might be billions, its a lot though

Old 01-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Honestly, everyone could go to a therapist and get diognosed with something, we've all got something wrong with us. I took meds for ADD when I was younger and some anti-depressants a few years ago, they just made me feel out of it. I really dont think meds are the answer to any sort of problem. Society today causes us to feel bad about everything when there is nothing wrong. Koshak's text for example...the ability to communicate freely has made you dependent on frequent communiction. When my girl first had to go back to Thailand I did the same thing, we'd talk for hours and for some reason we couldnt talk somethimes and I'd freak out and get mad at her when she had more important stuff to do(like study or go to a college exam). A cheap hobbey helps a lot, honestly my car and my ps2 have saved my sanity on several occasions. Having a friend to talk to would be great, people usually tend to open up to close friends more than girl or boy friends becuase you've know each other longer. Granted there are some things you need to work out on your own but most men feel like its a weakness when they act the least bit femimin and open up to a woman. Anyhow, the moral of the story is that keeping your mind off the mindless BS that bothers you with friends and hobbeys can help...at least it does for me.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

... I have sucidial indetions too (means I think about suicide). Usually happens when I have mixed emotions and im really stressed out. Ill be driving on a road thinking about what if I just swerve to this next lane or hit this tree or anything. I dont know if anyone else thinks about stuff like that but, ive had my moments that were close, but ive overcomed a lot of them. And yea Mills, millions of people have it. I cant remember the number, but it might be billions, its a lot though
I'm pretty sure that anyone that has ever dealt with any form of depression has had those thoughts at one point or another, i've been there many times, still have those moments from time to time as well. but at the same time i believe it's not a way that i would be able to go through with

And with the whole drugs thing, i can honestly say its something i have never tried, and never really plan on trying, i personally feel there are better ways to relax or have a good time. but that is my personal opinion, i hold nothing against people that do it, but when i'm in a relationship i prefer to be with someone with my same mind state on the subject.

Quick Reply: Common Human Issues