The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Common Human Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
HCF Member
Default Common Human Issues

I know awhile ago someone posted something about their problems and issues. For example, OCD, ADHD, ADD, anything with a D, i.c. I wouldnt know where to begin looking for that thread again, so I started a new one to kind of vent and talk about some stuff and see if there are more than one person out there that is going through the same thing and what they are doing; if they feel comfortable about it. I recently took up therapy to see whats wrong with my head and why I can't be happy, with anything. It turns out I do have mild depression (so she says) and probly will be taking up anti-depressants sometime soon. Im a bit of an alcoholic, and my OCD isn't really bad, but its not getting better. I have a bit of an impatience and anger problem. For example, I texted my fiance while shes at work right now with a 10 hour shift, and told her that I loved and missed her. To try and make her day go alittle smoother. She texts me back just 2 seconds ago while im writing this and says, "aww. You too...hungry." Thats it...you too? I mean stuff like that sets me over and makes me really ticked off. And it shouldnt...but it does, the littlest things will set me over and ill be angry the rest of the day until I sleep on it. I dont want to be like this anymore and I cant control it. I love going to therapy for some reason....I guess because I like talking things out but on the other hand I hate talking things out, its as if its better to talk to a stranger about it instead of, well my fiance. I dunno its weird. Whoever else has sh*t going on you can go ahead and talk about it here. I'd like to know what other people are doing for themselves.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Common Human Issues

i have OCD pretty bad....just cleaning up rooms and making things straight, even, parallel/perendicular on tables. But i cant remember the last time i got mad.....literally....idk man maybe anti-depressants would make it better. My sister, aunt, and girlfriend are on them (or atleast the yhave been at one point in their lives) and it does alot of good. Try it and see what happens man good luck!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

My remotes have to be completely straight on my table before I go to sleep lol. Parents are against me taking anti-depressants, supposedly makes the sucidial state of mind increase pretty dramatically. I want to try them though, to see if it actually helps me at all. So I might have to do it behind their back...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

never heard of that....idk anybody i know that have been on them NEED them to stay mellow. and when they take everything is really happy

but yeah remotes in a straight line are a big one for me...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 AM

Anti-depressents have the problem that different versions effect people differently, my buddy is on anti-depressents and one of the ones he was taking made him halucinate pretty baddly... the one he was on was okay but he said it made him gain weight and killed his sex drive.... So if you go for them talk alot to your shrink or the pharmasist about what the common side effects are common with which ever you end up taking...

I've got depression (not sure on the level) and at points I have an explosive temper but in the last year I've not had a major explosion or melt down... gotten pist pretty baddly but I let it go... I internalize my problems so I tend to close off from people when things aren't going well but I'm the type or person who doesn't like taking pills for something I could manage internally (and it's a win and a loss at points)...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

I never understood how anti-depressants would increase thoughts of suicide, it seems like they are supposed to reduce those thoughts you know? I'm not actually diagnosed anything but I think I am mildly depressed too. Either that or just like bi-polar because when I am happy it doesn't last long. One second I could be smiling my head off then the next I'm totally bummed/pissed off. When I do get angryI have to sleep on it then I am fine the next day like Koshak said he is. I think antidepressants would help me but I would have to ask my parents to let me go get checked out for them and I know they probably wouldn't be very happy about it.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
HCF Member

I have OCD. I hate it =/. I'm a clean freak, kinda.. I can't touch food, because I hate getting my hands greasing and stuff, and if I use my Wii or computer, if my mouse or anything is greasy, i'll clean it up. I usually carry towelettes around everywhere with me. But yet, I can touch dirt and stuff, I guess its only some substances, like liquids, ect.

And, I have some mild number OCD, like when i'm in my car something, it has to be on an even number. Like if the musics on 7, I have to turn it to 8, because it just bugs me.

But, I understand some of your stuff KoshaK, like with your fiance thing.. When I use to text my Ex girlfriend and stuff, and be all "I love you, I can't wait to spend time with you tonite." or something, and she'd only say like "Yeah." it would kind of make me mad. I think the problem was maybe she didn't make me feel loved, or seemed excited about hanging out with me, or something. But I mean, I knew she loved me and stuff. Especially when I went to hang with her, and just watch movies and cuddle on the couch and stuff. So, I kind of understand what you mean. Then again with my Ex, I was with her for 2 years, so I didn't expect her to be all "OMG I CAN'T WAIT, I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!" type-of-thing. :P.

And really, all anti-depressants do is just calm and ease your mind. I've been on Zoloft, and some other one before. I felt it just made me more calm kind of.. I'm kind of against anti-depressants now, simply because I find no point in taking pills to try and rid problems, because really it doesn't help.. If there is a problem in your life, thats making you depressed or anything else, you have to fix it, and do what makes you happy. If you can't be happy with yourself, you can't be happy with life, or so I think, personally.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

^I'm like that with my girlfriends. I just kind of need them to act like they are exited to see me. I am going to have trouble trusting girls for awhile because my ex just left me not too long ago after saying that she loved me soo much and that I'm the one and now she just says she still cares about me but doesn't love me. So I am not going to believe the next girl that says she loves me. She left me because things got a little too serious for her and she didn't want to be needed anymore and I just kind of need someone around like that so that is a big problem for me anymore.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

I have OCD. I hate it =/. I'm a clean freak, kinda.. I can't touch food, because I hate getting my hands greasing and stuff, and if I use my Wii or computer, if my mouse or anything is greasy, i'll clean it up. I usually carry towelettes around everywhere with me. But yet, I can touch dirt and stuff, I guess its only some substances, like liquids, ect.

And, I have some mild number OCD, like when i'm in my car something, it has to be on an even number. Like if the musics on 7, I have to turn it to 8, because it just bugs me.
EverytimeI go into somewhere and go out to my car I have to use Germ-X. I have a hole bottle of it in my car. I got my fiance into doing it now also. Its called Germaphobia. The world is nasty and there are people out there that touch things you touch that is just nasty thinking about it. And I got her to realize that. I have the same problem with even numbers too Vilex. I cant remember what exactly bugs me with the numbers, I know that its something, not in the right state of mind atm I had a few. I barely touch food also, like french fries ill use a fork with. I just dont like getting my hands greasy and then having to clean them again. Ill use a fork with basically everything

Old 01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

I never understood how anti-depressants would increase thoughts of suicide, it seems like they are supposed to reduce those thoughts you know? I'm not actually diagnosed anything but I think I am mildly depressed too. Either that or just like bi-polar because when I am happy it doesn't last long. One second I could be smiling my head off then the next I'm totally bummed/pissed off. When I do get angryI have to sleep on it then I am fine the next day like Koshak said he is. I think antidepressants would help me but I would have to ask my parents to let me go get checked out for them and I know they probably wouldn't be very happy about it.
You should get yourself checked man, I did and Ive never felt like such a weight lifted off in my whole life. I feel happier but im still depressed for no reason....I mean I got it good, why am I not happy. My fiance tells me that and I just tell her that I know I got it good with life, Im just not happy....Ive never been my whole life

Quick Reply: Common Human Issues