The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

college questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Default RE: college questions...

Yeah my networking class was taught by the network admin for Allied Health Services in NEPA. My logics professor and project management (teaches both) used to work as a business consultant teaching computer training courses. Penn State is really a great school, especially their satalite campuses, smaller classes professors are more connected with the students, for example, every so often I go out to the bar with my professors. Good times.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:07 PM

hmm...you've given me a lot to think about. thanks guys, i really appreciate the help.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Cat Fuсker

Penn State Abington is 'da best to begin:-D

Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM

No way man Penn State Wilkes-Barre is the bomb!!! hehehe J/P, seriously though civicexracer, shop around, and when you do go visit campuses talk to the students as much as you can, and the professors of course, but the students will give you a much better idea of what the campus is like.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Cat Fuсker

Yo, Chim, wanna help me out with my brakes? You're what, 20 minutes?

Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

I didnt read the whole thing but if youre going to be an architect, dont come here. There are more architects in Charleston than fat people at a Ryans in a given year.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM

you in philly right Kol? I'm about hour and a half from spring garden st. But right now I'm hella busy with school as I'm the ISTSA president (computer geek club president) and with Haunted Forest and Thon going on and midterms, I'm really busy tryin to help out and study. But like in November my schedule will clear up I'm down for coming down to philly I got a lotta friends I'd like to see. If ya want hit me up 570-761-1700.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Cat Fuсker

computer geek club? I'm president of my school's ACM club... hehe, and working as a field tech for one of the largest IT solutions company... Hopefuly I'm done with this bs before november, but I'm sure there will be other things:-D I'm like 30 minutes from spring garden...I live in North East 2 minutes from US1

Old 10-24-2005, 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

Im a senior in high school right now and I live in maryland near the Baltimore area so i've been looking at schools that are atleast within 7-8 hours driving distance from my house. I've looked at: Univeristy of Maryland, Virgina Tech, Penn State University, and Penn State-Mt. Alto. they're all pretty nice and they're all within a 5 hours driving distance away from me. Mt. Alto is out though. I was wondering if anyone here goes to either Penn State University or Virginia Tech or any other schools in the Maryland, Penn, Virgina, West Virgina, Delaware areas? I want to either major in architecture and minor in business or double major in both. Is anyone on here an architect or currently studying architecture? I'm looking for some advice on which way to go, where to go, how to get in, other schools that may be near my area, etc....

any suggestions from any high schoolers searching, college attending students, or graduates would be very helpful.

thanks, i really appreciate it
i live in harford county, im going to HCC for engineering, then UMBC for 2 more years... you should goto CCBC in catonsville for arcitecture or engineering they have a good program...

Old 10-24-2005, 01:46 PM

yeah I was thinking about HCC for a semester because I can get a scholarship and have everything paid for and then after that transfer to maybe like university of maryland or where ever I can have the credits transfered to. I would like to stay away from HCC as much as possible but I don't mind going there all that much.

Quick Reply: college questions...