The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Cliff+Tacoma=Bad day for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Cliff+Tacoma=Bad day for me

So I have talked about the toyota tacoma I had about a year ago and how it was such a kick *** truck. But some of you might have also heard me talk about my cliff experiance. So heres the story........

So I had just gotten home from a family camping trip I got tired of it so i came home early with an aunt and uncle, so my parents were still in eartern oregon. Well the next day me and a good friend of mine decide were both going to go 4 wheelin in our trucks, okay this is a normal thing for kids around here. So we go up behind my house becasue I live right next to a huge forest so theres mud trails everywhere. So we go up and play for awhile then we decide to take my friends truck back to my house, well while were back at my house my cousin shows up (my friend who was with me had just broken up with her a few weeks prior to all this) So anywho we go back up and play well we finally come to a gravel road that goes to a neighboring town and being the dumb**** i was at the time I was basically just being a moron and going around the corners and pretty much just sliding around them and so finally my foolishness catches up with me as were going around one corner, and you guessed it I lost any control of the pick-up. I ended up over-correcting and pretty much making my truck look like a boomerang 6 times before it finally slid off the road and it just happen to be pure luck that the side it went off there was no ground under me. And so my friend, cousin and I are all screaming thinking were going to die becasue the truck is completly airborne, then it finally lands and of course it doesnt stop it flys over a log and puts us back in the airbefore i ran into a huge stump. where the truck finally came to rest. so by then the three of us fly out of the truck in fear that the pick-up will roll with us in it, surprisingly it had yet to roll. And so I call my parents as there on there way home and tell them what happened. And so now they know and there pissed. So after i get off the phone with them some kids that were also up there 4 wheelin come around the corner and decide to lend us some assitance to pull us off so finally we get my the tacoma back up on the road. and we finally drive it back home with the frame rails punched through the valance and a whole bunch of other crap broken and battered. So I pull it into the shop and park it as I was not allowed to drive for a month.

The damage the truck had:
1. the frame punctured the bumper
2. twisted the drive line when i landed on a rock
3. busted the trasfer case open
4. a whole lot of trim in the interior broke on impact
5. the radiator was bent
6 any thing that had to do with the body constuction in front of the radiator was tottalled

I ended up rebuilding everything that showed the slightest bit of damage on 750$ and it left me just enough money to top of the fuel tank and i was broke. when we had to cut out all the body construction on the fron there was so much pressure you could actually watch it pop everything into place anywho I did all that a few months later I sold the tacoma and bought the civic and No im not that much of a dumbass anymore but i definitly gained a lot of experiance out of doing all that work.

But yeah that is my cliff story tell me what you all think

Old 01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cliff+Tacoma=Bad day for me

holy crap mine, im serprised your still alive, that sounds pretty bad...and i cant believe you actaully drove that thing home after that..i would think it would of been indrivalbe with all that damage, its good to hear you got the civic and dont go all crazy like that anymore

Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cliff+Tacoma=Bad day for me

yeah it was surprising that noone was dead and considering the transfer case was split wide open i probably shouldnt have driven it home but i didnt intend on sitting up there intil my parents could get home to call a tow truck for me.