The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Civic on new top gear!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:46 PM
HCF Member
Default Civic on new top gear!

The new series of top gear started the other night and the new uk civic got reviewed. They said it was good that honda had the ***** to bring out a car that kept its concept looks, thus instantly dating all the others in its class, they also said its a honda so its built well and wont break down. A positive review overall although it was quite short and they said the suspension gave a 'choppy' feel at high speed but that was the only bad point.
Now the fun bit! They also tested the new Koenigsegg ccx, what a machine, 4.1L twin supercharged engine, 250mph top speed with 850 bhp on euro juice and 806 bhp on the american stuff (thats what they said).
The stig took it to the track to try and break the zonda f's time but he kept short shifting cos it was just too powerfull so it came in 2 seconds slower. He said it needed a wing on the back because there wasnt enough downforce. Anyway he said he could beat the time he set by 4 seconds if he drove it harder, so out he went again and stacked it on the third bend straight into a tyre wall, thats the first time hes ever crashed on top gear.
Koenigsegg have said because of it they are delaying production while they re-design it with a rear wing, it will then be given back to top gear for the stig to test and hopefully beat the zonda f's time by two seconds.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: Civic on new top gear!

That makes perfect sense about the euro juice making more horsepower. Our weak 87 octane is the reason. I believe you still have leaded gas...pardon me...petrol over there do you not?

Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the heads up on TopGear, i have the last 2 seasons on my computer and i'm hopelessly addicted but since im in the states i have to download it. I didn't know that it even started up, so this is a good reminder.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

No lead in it anymore im afraid, not for a good few years, although the shell optimax 98ron stuff I use is developed with ferrari and gets sick results on the dyno.

Its a shame they cant show top gear in the states, Its because its made by the bbc which is a completely independant company paid for by the British public, free of adverts and so on. It boils down to the fact that the top gear presenters can completely destroy a cars reputation before it goes on sale, and they do week in week out if the car is bad and there's nothing the big car company's can do about it as they have no hold over the bbc through advertising etc. That could never happen in america and is the reason it isnt shown.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

TopGear was actually on in the states for a while on the Discovery channel. The show is very watered down and alot of segments that i like were omitted, so i always download the episodes. One of the things i like about TopGear is that they will insult a car if its terrible, no matter what car. Plus all the funny games, challanged, and races are extremely funny.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

Yeah your right, Its the best thing on tv, lots of gay far lefty's complain about its content because they encourge bad behaviour and say they damage the enviroment with the use of high performance cars. Its the best thing on tv for sure.