The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Chalk one more up for HCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Chalk one more up for HCF

While doing a search for autoX in Louisiana I came across a local forum with lots of Tuners right here in town. They even had a meet at the golf course I play every week on Sunday. One of the members works there and all of these Civics were coming in as I was leaving. I registered because it would be cool to meet some locals. In my introductory post I noted that I saw a few of the rides there and that I crossed paths with them. This was one of the replies:

That wasnt you with the red civic with ugly tails and cromes? Was it? Lets all hope not.

But other then that, welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Not really, I could careless what you enjoy or not. Matter of fact. Why dont you go ahead and GTFO now.
It actually was me, but I kinda like my tails, and my rims were on the car when I bought it, but that's not the point. Do you think the sponsors of that site appreciate him flaming a new user? I guarantee I'm not the first person he (or someone like him) has turned away from that site. The ironic thing was that a few of the other posts were about how the site sucked because it's nothing but flame wars. Oh well, I'm not gonna let one bad tuner spoil the forum. I am sure there are a few cool people on there.

Two morals to this story-

1. Even Sacicons was a newbie once.
2. The more forums I visit, the more I llike HCF.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra
Default RE: Chalk one more up for HCF

sacicons a newbie????? NO WAY he had to start out with 1000 post! lol j/k

nice story though, yea this is deff one of the best forums I'm a member of.

Another forum that is really cool is www.z28.com (I do own a camaro also)

Old 06-28-2005, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

geez. that was a long time ago. theres only a couple of peopel here who might remember me being a Noob, but believe it or not, i was at one time. but due to my lack of a social life, i have amassed a decent post count, without too much whoring.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:13 PM

I remeber when Sacicons found this site and had 1 post, lol. Back when 2000si was here and wouldnt listen to anybody about anything.

Back on topic, I also belong to a local forum and it is awesome because you can actually plan and have meets and touges and stuff and even plan poker nights with all the car guys (we are planning one where winners get parts). It is great but they are pretty strict about people being idiots so any flamers are warned very quickly

Old 06-29-2005, 12:19 AM

SRO (street racing online) is another place like that. if you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to performance, they'll tear you a new a**hole. i pretty well know my stuff, but it was ugly for some people i saw on there. just out of curiousity, what cars were they driving?

Old 06-29-2005, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

The two I mentioned were a 5th gen hatch with the front bumper cut to hell to fit what looked like a homemade intercooler and the other was a 6th gen hatch with a body kit in primer and slammed. The guy that works there has a 97 Ex with body kit and some sort of muffler, he was cool though. He has a transformer sticker on the back window. I thought maybe it was Patrick until Patrick told me he lives elsewhere and doesn't have a Civic.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 AM

hahaha, a primer body kit and cut springs and they're giving you beef about chrome euro tails. whats wrong with this picture?

Old 06-30-2005, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

my thoughts exactly

Old 06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

my thoughts exactly
Ditto. But I wasn't about to start a flame war with juveniles. I just directed my browser on over to HCF. When are those damn HCF vinyls gonna be cut so I can go to one of their meets flyin' HCF colors.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

hey...you got a problem with ppl under 18? cuz if you do we'll go right now

lol jk

Quick Reply: Chalk one more up for HCF