The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Car caught on fire

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:50 AM
HCF Member
Default Car caught on fire

Last night while I was driving my brother 92 Camry the engine suddenly shut off right when the traffic light turn green. So I put it into N and let it roll into a parking lot. When I got it in I put it into P and turn the re-turn the ignition but it wont make any noise at all. Then out of no where the hood started smoking so I pop the hood and guess what?? There was a small fire right by the battery. So I went around asking if anyone got water or fire extinguisher but no one did. So when I got back to the car the fire was even bigger and was about to **** on it but then I realize that my brother always go camping and he always carry water in the car. So I pop open the trunk and there was a full gallon of wal-mart pure water. I then extinguish it and luckly the battery didn't explode. It turn out that the one of the battery holder rod was loose and touch one of the battery terminal which ran electric through it and the rod was touching a plastic cover that cover all the abs, horn etc wires. I guess a lot of electricity ran through the rod and melted the plastic covering which eventually turned into a fire. The fire really didn't do any damage except it melted the batter holder and burned a hole through the plastic covering. All the wiring and the battery is ok only $2.00 dollers in damage. Oh yeah and the fire was skinny but it was tall and bright and growing people started running too onece they saw me pop the hood.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car caught on fire

The fire also scared the living crap outta me too. Im never gonna call portable fire extinguisher rice now.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 AM

Wow, I dont even know what I would do if i saw flame under my hood.

You are so lucky you has that water. Glad to hear you and the car ended up ok

Old 07-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Wow, close call man, glad you were at a stop and not flying down the highway or something when it burst. Things could have been much....MUCH worse.

Old 07-11-2005, 06:12 AM

Just glad your okay.
You can always replace a car, replacing you take all that wierd
*** cloning and then there is no guarantee you'll be as cool!
[sm=partyparty.gif]