The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
This video has helped me
57.14%
This video is bs, it did not help me at all
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

BUSTED: Citizen's Guide to surviving Police Encounters

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Default RE: BUSTED: Citizen's Guide to surviving Police Encounters

i guess i should mention i live in the sticks, i know u are going to say that ud be suprised what can happen in small towns but i have been pulled over too many times in that town for too many stupid things, i was lectured on driver safty because one day my buddies and i took blue painters tape too my old lebaron and put flames and pin striping on it, ive been pulled over for not having my seat belt on when the car i was driving had fully automatic seatbelts amd the cop was arguing with me how i put it on as he walked up to the car, so cops i have respect for, cops from that town i do not.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:34 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Although Fiirkan does have a point, I think its more of a matter of principle. It doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not, law enforcement does not have a right to search your stuff. There is a reason that the 4th Amendment exists. The way I see it, we don't need to be giving the executive branch any more power than it already has (especially with Cheny's recent stunt).
What was his latest stunt if you dont mind me asking?

I didnt watch the movie seeing as its 45 mins long but Ive been nice to every single cop that has pulled me over and its only worked in my favor about 50% of the time. Granted that I deserve some of my tickets. A few of them have been complete dicks when they didn't need to be and my views on cops are forever changed because of them. Plan and simple I just dont like cops.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 AM

AgentofDarkness is correct, this is the main reason why I posted this video, there are good and bad cops everywhere you go but you need to realize that and know how to handle the situation properly. Cops have quotas/month to pull over and give out tickets, if they don't meet those quotas its bad for their review. Giving out too much information and acting like a smarta$$ won't help when cops pull you over.

Sandrider, completely agreeing with cops and do exactly what he/she says will lend you in more trouble, they are not advisors, they are cops for god's sake. Knowing your rights to refuse search of a vehicle (dont' matter if you got weed or not) helps later on when you are fighting your case in court. A friend of mine (African American) got pulled over for speeding 10MPH+ and cop searched his car even though he had nothing on him and his records were clean. When you let cops do what he/she wants to do then that means you give up your rights!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:03 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Talon585

Cheney and his lawyers are saying that since he is part of the executive and the legislative branch at once, therefore does not have to answer to anyone. It is basically a power grab by Cheney so he can do whatever he wants without bieng accountable.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: Talon585

Cheney and his lawyers are saying that since he is part of the executive and the legislative branch at once, therefore does not have to answer to anyone. It is basically a power grab by Cheney so he can do whatever he wants without bieng accountable.
OMFG why is it stupid moves after stupid moves. I need to go listen to some Lewis Black for a bit.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

agh, that irritates me. why are you taking the cops side if hes just going to over exercise his rights of being an officer and illegally seaching your car. if he might die on his next call thats his choice for picking that stupid job.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnb

agh, that irritates me. why are you taking the cops side if hes just going to over exercise his rights of being an officer and illegally seaching your car. if he might die on his next call thats his choice for picking that stupid job.
The way I see it, there are no sides in this debate. The police officers know exactly what kinds of searches are legal and what kind of searches are illegal. Therefore, there should not even be the question of can I search your car/house. If the officer does not have the right to search, that is where it ends. Anyone who says that searches are only harmful for those who are guilty of crime is complete BS. The founding fathers went to great lengths to make sure that the U.S. would never fall to tyranny. One of the safeguards is the protection from illegal search and seizure.