The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Boom boom makers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member
Default Boom boom makers

I found this funny.......So i get home today and decide that im going to label all of the random burnt CD'si havein the car because i can never find the 1 i want just by looking at them (all the same color so identification was based on scuffs and scratches on the bottom lol) anyways i do about 7 of them by putting it in and remmebering all the songs, label it and put it in a case, so i gett to the last one, with a bunch of random songs on it, so i fittingly titled it "Random Sh!!t" and keep it in the deck so i can put some air frehsners in the trunk that i found in the glove box. As i pop the trunk the song that comes on is "Late night Tip", and for those who dont kno wat that is, its a VERY bassy song, anyways im in the trunk with bass blarin away wen i hear my 45 year old neighbor from like Alabama or Louisiana sayin something on her front lawn to me. Now shes dressed in a bathrobe (its 4:30 pm) with a towel on her head, this was funny in itself but then she yells to me "COULD YOU TURN THOSE DAMN BOOM BOOM MAKERS DOWN!! THEY ARE SHAKING MY HOUSE AND THE PICTURES ARE GONNA FALL OFF THE WALL!!!" Nowsaythat in a female doctor phil voice thats how it sounded , it was funny, she actually even laughed a little after i apologized and turned them down (not laughingbecause of her voice lol but she knew the situation was funny) the best part is that it was only up to volume 19, and i dont have a massive system ( pioneer head unit and 2 12 " infinity reference 1250's with 300 watts runnin to them)...the boom boom makers comment just made me laugh...im smiling now as i think about it lol she made me feel good about my ssystem though!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Boom boom makers

lol thats really funny

Old 01-04-2007, 05:17 PM

The hours of fun revolving around late night tip, tho most any Three 6 Mafia songs will get the subs (walls, windows, buildings, n such) rummblin (rainbow colors or bin laden are great as well)..... yea I'm a bass junkie (it's a bad sign when you humm the bass lines to songs over sing the words... and when you have a large collection of bass cd's ) and I too have had my neighbor ask me to turn my music down, yea dual 12"s in a bandpass box transmits real well....

Old 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

lol im actually in a sealed box! i opened my trunk though so thats prolly why it transmitted so heavily lol

Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

Speakin of bass cd's, you guys ever heard of Bass Mechanic? I love them. Plus they have a badass ford bronco as their flagship vehicle... the windsheild is split in two and bolted in... it was at one point the loudest vehicle on earth... but i think a vw bus took that away.. im not sure what it is now.

sorry for the thread jack. [&:]

Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

lol its quite alright...and no i havnt heard of them

Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 PM

I started with bass mekanik (bass mekanik history) and pretty much any Panadisc (the cd maker that sells bass mekanik cds) I'll purchase, the quality of the recordings as well as the great song lists is never a let down. Also Bass Syndicate, Bass Lo+Slo, Bass MTX, abd a few others I can't think of at this point in time are also great artists/collections.

The Bronco on the Bass Mekanik cd's is actually the Team Gates (Alma Gates)competition truck, Here is the first gen version and Here is the most recent version before Alma Gates retired from the circuit in april '06. Either way that's a sexxy *** truck and if I ever had the time money and energy to do a cometition rig I would....

Yea my sealed box when the trunk is open will transmit wonderfully too, but that bandpass box really had some long legs for it's output range. My brother could hear me from like 1/2-1 mile away when I was driving home (this was in pgh,pa and that mile was more like a half mile just alot of twisty roads...) and when I'd pick him up from work he'd hear me comming thru the cinderblock wall of this work......ah how I miss those days lol

Old 01-04-2007, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

yea mayb in the waaaaaay future wen i have money to blow and runnin outa mods for the civ ill switch to a bandpass box, i like the way it is now though but ported is prolly the way to go....

Old 01-04-2007, 11:34 PM
HCF Member

I just installed my sub and amp today. 15" Kicker L7 connected to a ZX750.1 amp. With the amp set to full volume, and the deck on 5/33 I got a phone call from my neighbour complaining about the noise. I'll have to take a video of it one day.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

Can somebody tell me what is the point of having such a powerfull audio system that neighbors start calling?

Quick Reply: Boom boom makers