The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

belated pics of my new "beater"

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: belated pics of my new "beater"

oh dont worry, ill get it sorted after a while. but as per my normal routine, im going to sort the chassis first, then ill worry about power. geez, 160hp in this as is would be too scary to drive.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: andryuha

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

if you're going to do a frickin motor swap, go big. get a 3SGTE for that little bugger.

by the way, you're talking to a corolla NERD. hi.
well of course it would be nicer, but it's a ,uch more involved swap. 4age or 4agze are much more common. BTW, I used to be a corolla freak for a while too. I have an AE92 still running strong @ 190k miles
glad to see i'm not alone in my toyota nerdiness.

i agree, it would be a bit more work - but MUCH more worth it in the long run. trust me there.

AE92 - it's not a GT-S, by chance? i nkow they're just FWD, but MAN do i love that gen GT-S...especially with the stock sideskirts, and grey interior. they were hot little corollas.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

oh dont worry, ill get it sorted after a while. but as per my normal routine, im going to sort the chassis first, then ill worry about power. geez, 160hp in this as is would be too scary to drive.
[sm=lol.gif] ya, they're zippy with a respectable amount of power.

just fix that suspension squish, and go from there. your new best friend might be club4ag(i believe the name is). keep in mind the other corolla forums that exist, as well - should you need any info about it, let me know.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

yeah, im already there quite a bit. theyre ok, but theres a lot of bad info there. so i have to take everythign with a grain of salt. i wanted a 20v blacktop, even before i got this car, i mean damn, ITBs stock? bad ***. but then i saw on there that the highest WHP on an NA 20v was about 170hp. now im wondering if its worth the cost and work to swap that in.[&:] dont worry though, ive got some ideas

Old 10-10-2005, 12:06 AM

if you're going to do a frickin motor swap, go big. get a 3SGTE for that little bugger.

by the way, you're talking to a corolla NERD. hi.
well of course it would be nicer, but it's a ,uch more involved swap. 4age or 4agze are much more common. BTW, I used to be a corolla freak for a while too. I have an AE92 still running strong @ 190k miles
glad to see i'm not alone in my toyota nerdiness.

i agree, it would be a bit more work - but MUCH more worth it in the long run. trust me there.

AE92 - it's not a GT-S, by chance? i nkow they're just FWD, but MAN do i love that gen GT-S...especially with the stock sideskirts, and grey interior. they were hot little corollas.
sadly it's a sedan, but it was free - hand-me-down from my parents as my first car, so I was happy. then a year later my german car addiction started, but that's another story.

btw, another decent forum is corolla-racing.com. There are some very knowledgeble people there, but the site is dying out.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:11 AM

Thats a nice house there in the background too.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

yeah, im already there quite a bit. theyre ok, but theres a lot of bad info there. so i have to take everythign with a grain of salt. i wanted a 20v blacktop, even before i got this car, i mean damn, ITBs stock? bad ***. but then i saw on there that the highest WHP on an NA 20v was about 170hp. now im wondering if its worth the cost and work to swap that in.[&:] dont worry though, ive got some ideas
as long as you've got a plan, you've definitely got someone here who's interested in seeing what you do with her.

sadly it's a sedan, but it was free - hand-me-down from my parents as my first car, so I was happy. then a year later my german car addiction started, but that's another story.

btw, another decent forum is corolla-racing.com. There are some very knowledgeble people there, but the site is dying out.

*snorts* i haven't been over there in 2 years. i think i was banned for a time(yay internet drama and nasty breakups). there was a girl over there - toyrollagyrl - who caused me to leave. no matter, as the site's been pretty slow since i originally signed up. i usually concentrate my time to vvt-i.net, vvti.net, and corollacustomz.ca.