The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

belated pics of my new "beater"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Default RE: belated pics of my new "beater"

daaamn, not to shabby. good luck with it and have fun!

Old 10-08-2005, 11:45 PM

nice! I love these little RWD beasts. I wanted to get one myself. They are cheap to mod too. Go to a local yard, and buy a nice 4age or 4agze engine and drop that in. If you're unfamiliar with these motors, then, the 4age has forged internals and handles boost really well, and 4agze is a supercharged version of that (people often ditch the stock SC for a turbine. Oh yea, and these engines can be had for like $400

Old 10-09-2005, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

yeah, i have been looking at junkyards, but drifting is getting really popular in cali, so there are never any ae86 there. but there are a few old MR2s that can make a donation. i dont know though, its basically rebuilding the whole damn thing. you have to rewire the entire car, down to the radio harness. im exploring other alternatives

Old 10-09-2005, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

Is that car of any relation to the Trueno? Pardon my ignorance. I like the flip up head lights Sacicons. Have fun with it.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Sweet man, I wanted one of those cars so bad before i got my civic. Does it have the woodgrain steering wheel and all that fun stuff??

Old 10-09-2005, 01:45 PM

keep in mind, guys...these cars are DOGS without work. if the suspension is right they're fun enough to toss around, as long as you're used to around 100HP. mine had upgraded suspension, and that's the ONLY reason i miss that turd.

they're slow, they creak EVERYWHERE, and most of the time they're overpriced. i love looking on ebay and seeing a STOCK one go for over a grand. they're worth about $400 in stock form, especially if they've been driving regularly for the past 20 years.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

Is that car of any relation to the Trueno? Pardon my ignorance. I like the flip up head lights Sacicons. Have fun with it.
it sure does. It's practically the same car.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

keep in mind, guys...these cars are DOGS without work. if the suspension is right they're fun enough to toss around, as long as you're used to around 100HP. mine had upgraded suspension, and that's the ONLY reason i miss that turd.

they're slow, they creak EVERYWHERE, and most of the time they're overpriced. i love looking on ebay and seeing a STOCK one go for over a grand. they're worth about $400 in stock form, especially if they've been driving regularly for the past 20 years.
ehh. With this motor yes. Can't do much with it. However, It's fairly easy to get around 200hp with a 4age or 4agze swap - that's all this car really needs. USDM 4age produces around 120hp and 100ft/lbs, and 4agze makes about 135hp. JDM 4agze however produces 175hp with around 150ft/lbs and 4age silvertop engine makes 160hp.

I say, throw in a 4agze off of Mr2 and ditch the s/c for a t25 and crank up the boost ((this motor can handle quite a bit). Shouldn't be that expensive either.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:42 PM

if you're going to do a frickin motor swap, go big. get a 3SGTE for that little bugger.

by the way, you're talking to a corolla NERD. hi.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: snoochiebooches

if you're going to do a frickin motor swap, go big. get a 3SGTE for that little bugger.

by the way, you're talking to a corolla NERD. hi.
well of course it would be nicer, but it's a ,uch more involved swap. 4age or 4agze are much more common. BTW, I used to be a corolla freak for a while too. I have an AE92 still running strong @ 190k miles

Quick Reply: belated pics of my new "beater"