The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

beer thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: beer thread

usally drink keiths or blue, but since i got a few cases at duty free for 25$ each drinking heineken.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

I don't drink out of cans or bottles...

I drink out of DAS BOOT!!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

aaahhhh, BEER!

I dont really even know where to start. A couple years ago, I set out to drink as many different beers as I could, and started collecting 1 bottle of each type of beer about a year ago. The collection is growing fast, and I've come to realize that its nearly impossible to try everything.

As far as regular rotation favorites are concerned, Carlsberg, Sunset Wheat, few different Pale Ales and Newcastle. I also like what I refer to as Brutal Beers like Stone Ruination, Hopdevil and the like.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 AM
HCF Member

- haven't had a drink in 11 years, IMO, what'sthe difference after the 1st 12? - always liked Yeungling's, and Moosehead is great but the antler's kill my thighs

Old 09-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

ORIGINAL: Marty

Bud Light > all beer
Budweiser, bud light, busch, disgusting. straight rubbing alchohal vodka. Russian style.
Damn right!

and I forgot to add Killen's Red as I love that too

Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

i dig sunset wheat and if i cant afford that then i just get the usual coors light for the night.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kokasian

ORIGINAL: danomatic93
If that's not available, Miller Lite

For some odd reason, I'm craving a glass of milk right now.
Myself, I prefer milk straightfrom the jug...

Back on topic, I like darker beers... Clancy's Amber Ale, back home, Kokanee Gold is okay over here...
Two beers I recently tried, that are very good are Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer, and, the one I discovered last night, Mill St. Brewery Tankhouse Ale, which has a bit of a ****y bite to it, reminiscent of The Pumphouse Brewery's Fire Chief's Red, which is another back-home favorite...

And every now and then, I gotsta have me a guinness on tap...

Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Peg, we gotta party. I love Leinenkugel's, I prefer the creamy dark though... The red is good as well. I also love Blue Moon, haven't had the pumpkin but I've had the regular and the one I think it was orange peel or something... wasn't bad.

My favorite beer would have to be Lionshead...

[align=center][/align]
Just as cheap as Natty, has an actual beer flavor though, gets you drunk, and NEVER leaves a hangover.

I'm not sure where it's all sold... I think it might be PA only. If you have it around you, let me know.

Also I like Negra Modelo, Tecate, Seagrams, Rickard's Red, Pabst, Magic Hat, Sam Adams, Yuengling (not my favorite but I'll get a hankering every once and a while).

Probably a lot more... my buddies and I get together every week in his garage, or what we call "the lions den". We always drink lionhead beer but also have a "guest" beer which is something more expensive that we've never had. It's good times.

Man, I love lionshead. The picture riddles on the top of the cap are so hard and so fun to try to do while drunk. I also enjoy yeungling and heineken. Coors light is my cheap beer.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

i love beer! i used to keep a bottle of every kind i've had but when i moved, i wound up recylcing all but some limited production ones and a few others that i wouldn't be able to get ahold of.

as far as styles go, my favorites are IPAs, stouts, porters, and belgians (or belgian-style ales (as in from countries other than beligum)).

i used to drink crappy beers like budweiser and all that, but one day i decided to be adventurous and try some beers i hadn't heard of or seen before at this one store, and that got me going down the road of good beer.

to rattle off a few of my favorites:
bells two hearted ale
unibroue trois pistoles, la fin du monde
avery IPA
st bernardus abt 12
rogue shakespeare stout
north coast old rasputin russian imperial stout
great divide yeti imperial stout (or the oak aged version)
etc.

heres a pic from my birthday earlier this year:Name:  IMG_1689s.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  81.4 KB had a nice ashton maduro with some dogfish head world wide stout. was a great pairing of beer and cigar..too bad that wws is so damn expensive.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:31 PM

I make my own. or hard cider this time of year.

I always loved wheat beers, but I've been ordering more and more pilsners when I'm out drinkin in the city.

btw.. if you have apple orchards in your area, hard cider is REALLY easy to make, tastes great, and knocks you on your butt if you do it right.

Quick Reply: beer thread