The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Becoming a Police Officer

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

ok quick update for everyone............

I'm currently just waiting to hear from the original county I want to be hired by. I have completed majority of my testing and now a review committee is holding my fate. The academy for this county only holds 30 - 40 seats per class and usually has over 200 applicants so I'm just waiting to see if they choose me for one of the 30 - 40 seats. If they do I have two more test to take before I can start the academy. So hopefully I will know something any day now.

I will keep you all updated as I hear anything.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

Congrats, as long as you don't pull me over if i pass through

Old 01-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Thanks for the update, Kev... good luck

Old 01-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Angry Admin

good luck ese

Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 PM

Good Luck Honey, BUT I still dont wanna have this baby alone!!!!! lol
But I still hope your dream comes true!!!! <3

Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 AM
HCF Member

Gl bro, do you plan on becoming a sheriff? Sounds like it. Anyways in the backround check and polygraph test they will ask so some weird @ss questions, like i mean really weird ones cause they are trying to make sure your not crazy lol.

I also plan on being a police officer and cant imagine doing anything else. I really cant wait for that day, prolly gunna be one of the best days of my life. Ive thought about joining the military for the training because my real goal is to be a swat officer, iino tho, with how our country deals with things...really isnt worth the risk.

As for all the race B/S I really dont even want to get started on that. I live right next to Oakland, CA. I would love to be and Oakland cop and eventually swat officer, but anyways oakland is the 4th deadliest city in america. The race card is pulled way too often. I'm not racist but when it comes down to protecting your own life and the lives of the publicm profiling is part of the job. If you live in or near oakland, you dont see white people selling drugs on the street, commiting drive by shootings, dressing up with huge pants and huge shirts. The way most black people present themselves raises suspision because of how many problems arise. This may sound harsh but its true whether you want to believe it or not. Now the same card can be played in white dominating states such as the mid west. As a police officer your going to be able to spot white people who fit the profile of the trouble makers in the city, by trouble makes i mean gang members, drug dealers...It all depends on your area. Pulling the race car really just pisses me off. It goes both ways and is a sad over used excuse.

Just recently a black teenager was shot by an oakland police officer because he ran from them. Well, the mom complained that he was shot by the police because he was black. The kid was selling drugs so he ran, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a black object that appeared to be a gun so he got shot. Honestly the kid deserved it. If he hadnt run, wasnt selling drugs, and wasnt being hella cutting by reaching in his pockets when officers are chasing him there wouldnt be such a controversy.

Another story is an officer pulled over two black men in Oakland and they ran, high speed chase ended in my city San Leandro. The suspects pinned the police car agaisnt a wall. The officer driving couldnt get out of the car. His partner saw the suspect driving reach under his seat so he fired, killing the driver and wounding the passenger. The cops later found a 357 magnum under the seat. This story also was blamed on the cop for being racist.

In oakland alone there are like 15 officers right now having to deal with cases of being so called "racist" meaning suspects or there familys have brought up cases against the officers. If your a white cop and you hit a black man in a chase or because they are resisting, you are labeled a racist, if your a black cop chasing a black man you will be label a trader. Sad how people have to dip so low to try and get out of there mistakes.

well now that i have written a novel ill shut up, lol

Last edited by croninc; 01-03-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:55 AM

I agree with you about you need to put your own and the publics safety first and all. I also understand what you mean by fitting the profile of a "drug dealer" "gang member" etc etc we have the same types out here on the east coast. I have also learned from doing several ride a longs that you cant base your decisions on solely that either. Not every person dressed in Sean Jean jeans 3 times his size with a Ecko hoodie on with the hood up and some timberland's on are selling drugs. Now if you go to question this person and they take off running on you then yes most likely there is a possibility they were/are doing something illegal. On the same note not every drug dealer dresses like that. I've seen undercover surveillance from my cousin (MD state police narcotics unit) where they were going to this 72 year old white couples house in the middle of suburbia buying weed.

To answer your first question, no I am not becoming a Sheriff. Out here in MD Sheriff's are not the same as Sheriff's in California and other places. Here all Sheriff's do is serve court summons, protective orders, do bailiff work at the court house etc etc. Here the Sheriff's don't respond to 911 calls, accidents scenes, etc etc. Its just the police that do that here.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by croninc
Sad how people have to dip so low to try and get out of there mistakes.
That's one of the biggest problems in America today... it's easier to blame someone else than admit fault; something bad happens involving the police? Blame the police for racism/brutality/corruption/etc. Fall off a ladder? Sue the ladder company.

It's one of the bigger reasons why I'm losing my faith in humanity.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Angry Admin

wait a minute! kev? you moving to Long island if you get the job?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM

no Im applying here locally Josh

Quick Reply: Becoming a Police Officer