The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

BAD NEWS!!!! CRASHED MY HATCH!!!PIC!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Default RE: BAD NEWS!!!! CRASHED MY HATCH!!!

Ouch! I'm glad you're ok man. From what I can see in the pictures, you're gunna need a lot of front end work. Hood, fenders, bumper, possible frame pull, radiator and radiator support, check on engine and any damaged wires and hoses... Might just be better to buy another hatch and use that one for parts.

I wouldn't worry about the frame damage too much. When I pulled my Taurus' front end back to spec, it was actually 3" out of wack. Ironically, I got hit by a '92 black civic hatchback. Guy's civic was totalled.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

Thats a lot worse than i imagined. Glad your ok though

Old 04-19-2006, 02:58 PM

yeah im already deciding to scrap and trying to find another hatch.. hoping to get one for cheap that is mainly just a shell that needs a new engine.. that way ill have the cash left to go ahead and do the GSR swap and the car will just have to sit in a garage until i finish it .. really sucky part is driving my 02 neon until i get it worked out

Old 04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

no no no that thing is sooo not totalled. there is no frame in a civic. thats what i was trying to say in my last post. that thing is so not totalled it isnt even funny. you can fix it yourself. just get a new front end for it off of a rear ended one from a junkyard...and if need be pull the engine too. you can fix that with a little work and some money. these things are a lot easier to fix than most of your domestic and about halfyour imports.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM

alot of parts will have severe probs later if i keep this vehicle.. the impact was hard enough that everything was jarred.. which is why glove box is hard to open as well as the hatch..from what i have heard it causes alot of problems to the whole vehicle after dealing with an impact like that.. plus depending what a salvage yard charges to buy it back it would cost more than just getting another one that was not wrecked..

Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

im pretty sure martys last hatch's wreck was as bad as yours if not worse. he was close to salvaging it if im not mistaken. im sure you could do it.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:59 PM

damn, good thing u walked away alright.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM

You're right about impact damage on a car. Even if you fix it, problems will show up over time and miles because of that impact. The whole body is out of alignment now which is why everything is hard to open. Junk that whole thing and get another one. I had the same thing happen to a bmw 3 series a few years ago. It was rebuilt but it was never the same car, I got rid of it.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 PM

sorry to hear..i crashed mine too, but it wasnt as bad as yours

Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
HCF Member

you could sell it for parts. youd probably make more money that way than if you sold it to the insurance company.

Quick Reply: BAD NEWS!!!! CRASHED MY HATCH!!!PIC!!