The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone miss a previous car

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone miss a previous car

I had a 96 toyota tacoma V6 automatic, was my first vehicle it really had nothing done except for speakers and a nice headunit. I sold it after the major raise in gas prices. I went through so much with that truck at one point I drove it off a cliff, cracked the transfer case in half twisted the drive-line and sent the frame through the front bumper, anywaise talk about reliable after that it drove home as battered as it was. Then I rebuilt it drove it for a few months then sold it. I loved that truck

Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM

i miss my first civic, it wasnt anything special, it only had intake for engine mods, then it had coil over drop springs(-2") it had 14" rims(from previous owner), and it had halo tails, with matching headlights, overall it was a nice car, although auto, but i am pleased with my newly aquired stock crx, i want to build it myself, i will try to post pics. after i star the mod process this summer!!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:53 PM

well i had a 89 olds 98 that i painted myself in autocollision class. had 16 inch chrome rims, wing, custom intake, stereo and lots of chrome. bought it for 500 bucks and traded it in for my s-10 and got 2100 out of it. my s-10, i really miss that one. i bought it stock, it was a 94. i put bags on it all the way around, f/b/s/s with a one-off custom 2 link that came through the bed. 20" spinners. rollpan, shaved tailgate with relocated handle. shaved front bumper, xenon front airdamshaved side molding. billet phantom grill. ps2 in the glove box, 10" flip down, 2400 watt system cd player with 3 inch monitor in it. misc painted interior pieces. there was more but i cant think of it. i "chose" to get rid of it for the honda civic i have now because i couldnt get the wife and three kids in it soooo. im glad i have this car now but i sure would like my truck back.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ef4life

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

I miss my old car a lot! Sold it because I was going to get married....then didn't! DON'T EVER SELL A CAR FOR A WOMAN!

'86 Monte SS

Complete restoration (father owns Body Shop )

Disassembled the whole car, front clip, doors, trunk, lights, windows, then stripped to bare metal. Repainted frame in the engine bay. Car was painted GM Raspberry...(not pink). Bought new GM crate motor (ZZ3)350, 345hp/375lbs torque. Polished TPI unit from Street & Performance, Polished serpentine belt system. Street & Performance custom ECU made for my specific motor...ECU was said to add 25hp or so though I never put it on a Dyno. Hooker headers, Flowmaster 3" exhaust, Billet Specialties 16" x 8" wheels, Built Turbo 400 Trans, tinted windows, Denon CD player, RF amp and subs, Boston interior speakers(nothing crazy).

The car was pictured in Car Craft Magazine December '97. I just ordered a scanner today and should have it Thursday or Friday and will load up pics when I get it.
sounds like a sweet ride man, i bet it was real quick
Yeah it was pretty quick...I wanted it to be faster than stock mustangs and camaros...which it was. I did get waxed by a Corvette once which surprised me until I noticed the ZR1 emblem on the back ....keep in mind this was back in the day..'93 -'99

Old 04-11-2006, 01:14 AM

First car was a 93 nissan pickup truck had it lowered on 17's with a good sound system ... i hated and loved that car ... sold it because i was moving to colorado from north carolina and didn't feel like driving a lowered truck with no cruise control on the long trip ... went back and visited NC and actually got to drive my truck again ... haha so many good memories in that truck

Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

I miss my old car a lot! Sold it because I was going to get married....then didn't! DON'T EVER SELL A CAR FOR A WOMAN!

'86 Monte SS

Complete restoration (father owns Body Shop )

Disassembled the whole car, front clip, doors, trunk, lights, windows, then stripped to bare metal. Repainted frame in the engine bay. Car was painted GM Raspberry...(not pink). Bought new GM crate motor (ZZ3)350, 345hp/375lbs torque. Polished TPI unit from Street & Performance, Polished serpentine belt system. Street & Performance custom ECU made for my specific motor...ECU was said to add 25hp or so though I never put it on a Dyno. Hooker headers, Flowmaster 3" exhaust, Billet Specialties 16" x 8" wheels, Built Turbo 400 Trans, tinted windows, Denon CD player, RF amp and subs, Boston interior speakers(nothing crazy).

The car was pictured in Car Craft Magazine December '97. I just ordered a scanner today and should have it Thursday or Friday and will load up pics when I get it.
Gotta see that! Sounds like an awesome ride man! I had an old 81' but the year and body style you had was IMO the best. Plus you had the SS.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:34 PM

i had a 1988 civic dx sedan it was painted candy apple red and i had a catback exhaust, headers, a short shifter, a racing clutch, a pioneer head unit with a 12 inch bazooka sub and a scosche amp, i also had shaved the side panel things and had performance spark plugs this car was not the fastest on the block but was a dream to drive. i lost it not to long ago some 15 year old unlicensed driver in a dodge ram that was lifted god knows how much rammed the **** out of my front end everything was destroyed cuz i was parked in the grass in front of a tree he gave me 1500 as of now and is giving me 500 more because i felt that 1500 just didnt do the trick for a civic with almost exactly 70k on it plus it had a lot of sentimental value it being my first car.