The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone go to school for.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone go to school for.......

I am also in a mechanical CAD class right now. Its pretty cool stuff. I will say I get bored easily if im not listening to some good music.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

Moog, we didn't actually build it or anything, it was just a design challenge... When I'm not at school I am working on stem cell collection devices that will someday (within a couple years) cure heart disease though.
do u collaberate with people in Santa Barbara? I know this girl who is doing the same kinda stuff up here...It's annoying because she brags about it, but really interesting

Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

I think that alot of engineering programs have/require design projects. I know at my school every senior has to do a senior design project and at the end of the year all the senior design teams have an expo.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SoCaL.rider

Moog, we didn't actually build it or anything, it was just a design challenge... When I'm not at school I am working on stem cell collection devices that will someday (within a couple years) cure heart disease though.
do u collaberate with people in Santa Barbara? I know this girl who is doing the same kinda stuff up here...It's annoying because she brags about it, but really interesting
No, not that I know of. We have partners in Japan (Olympus) and Europe though. I think we use to work with UCLA too but bought the rights a while ago.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

I go to school for Mechanical Engineering, main concentration being CAD design, all 4 (well 3 and a half) years in high school i took auto cad courses and just flew through them, i got done the years work in about 4 months. I go to Drexel in Philly which has a sweet co-op program, so the spring and summer terms of this year ill be working and not going to classes, and im hoping to get a job at the BMW section of VAC Motorsports, that is one of the many jobs offered by Drexel's co-op, my friend is on co-op right now and is pulling in about 600 a week.

Yeah but I did 2D and 3D in high school, we had a freshman design project at Drexel and my group went with wall climbing robots and we had to make 3D drawings of it and what not. It was fun, Senior Design Project is where we actually get to make the design, cant wait, but its a 5 year program so thats another 3 years..

AutoCAD is definitely a good field to get into though, lots of job opps.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

I think that alot of engineering programs have/require design projects. I know at my school every senior has to do a senior design project and at the end of the year all the senior design teams have an expo.
We have to do the same thing at my High school...

Old 11-16-2006, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

autocad????